Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
626
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,227

Misperfections 2: Repercussions

Summary:

Sequel?: Yes, to "Misperfections".
Pairing: Terry/Bruce (I'm feeding the fetishes!)
Fandom: Batman Beyond
Archive?: Sure! Just tell me where it is Feedback?: Yes, please! :o)
Disclaimer: I don't own 'em. DC and WB do. Summary: That's why Bruce likes him.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Misperfections 2: Repercussions
By Prodigette

 

(Bruce's POV)

McGinnis can do better. I never fail to tell him that.

Seventeen. I remember being that age quite well. He's still a boy. At times, it's hard to remember that. There are times when he's like a spoiled child. Other times, he does what he's told without argument. Being moody as usual, I see.

McGinnis is no detective. He probably never will be. He lacks the self-discipline and training for it. But, he does what he can. It's rather impressive at times. But there is no excuse for how irresponsible he can be. I've lost track of how many times I've said that in my life.

In case you haven't noticed, Terry is too cocky for his own good. That could get him killed someday. I rarely call him that. Terry. Perhaps that means something. It also seems like he's catching on to that.

I admit, Terry is rather attractive. I've... noticed. I'm not blind. Yet. It's very unavoidable. He gets certain looks around here. At the office, I've seen how some of the older women look at him. They're the same looks I received when I was his age. Maybe I look at him the same way. For that, I have to be very careful when we're in public.

It's better that he doesn't know.

McGinnis has feelings for me. That's fairly obvious. But, I won't return them. Can't. Not until he takes the first step. Even then, he shouldn't get his hopes up.

Neither should I.

It won't last. It can't.

Once again, he's still a boy. More childish than I was at his age. He doesn't know what he wants. I'm *decades* his senior, way past my prime. Terry has Dana, and should know that I have nothing to offer him. McGinnis will get over it. If not, he's just setting himself up for disappointment. He has years of life ahead of him. There's no use in him waiting for me.

I don't expect him to.

Still, I'm not a patient man. Not at all. When I want something done, I want it at that exact moment. There should be no hesitation. But in the mean time, I just focus on guiding him. That's all I can do for him. That's the *only* thing I can do for him.

I usually tell him to go on patrol just to be alone. I have to keep my self-control and stick to why I hired him. He's here as my protege, and that's it. Nothing more. He's had both a positive and negative affect on me. Terry still has a lot to learn.

Apparently, so do I.

Terry did *something* to me last night. That wasn't just a massage. I know better. I felt it in his fingers, so to speak. He was very unapologetic about it, and at that moment, so was I. Terry hasn't tried anything else with me. Not to my knowledge. I didn't realize I was grinning at him until he pointed it out. That won't happen again.

He knows what he's getting into. The consequences of all of this. I expect the best from him. From what I've been told, I except too much. But he still wants me. It's mind boggling. Although Terry reminds me of Dick, he's different. Much older than when I met Dick, but twice as stubborn.

No, I'm not lonely any more. Not quite sure if that's good or not. Once again, I have another person I should worry about. Or maybe he has to worry about me.

I doubt it would work out between us. For obvious reasons, of course.

He can do better.

I never fail to tell McGinnis that when he makes a mistake.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Prodigette.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.