Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
986
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,322

Misperfections

Summary:

That's why Terry likes him.
Notes: Bruce's POV will be coming up soon
Pairing: Terry/Bruce (I'm feeding the fetishes!)
Fandom: Batman Beyond
Archive?: Sure! Just tell me where it is Feedback?: Yes, please! :o)
Disclaimer: I don't own 'em. DC and WB do.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Misperfections
by Prodigette

 

I like him! There. I admit it. Are you happy?

Geez.

Okay, I like a guy. A guy who's my boss. A guy who is my boss and is *probably* four or five times my age. My life is some sort of twisted soap opera. Is Bruce's age is a mystery or something? Come to think of it, is his middle name? Does he even have a middle name?

Found this all out a few months ago. It just happened. Yeah, I freaked out. Wouldn't you? I shouldn't worry. I'm not letting Bruce know about this anytime soon. What if he already knows? Man, I'm screwed.

It's not like Dana wants to speak to me or anything. She's still mad at me. Big surprise. I really do like her, or at least I did. I couldn't be there for her. It's awkward seeing her at school and other places. I always get the cold shoulder. Not that I blame her, but still. Melanie was also another babe in my life that I let slip through the cracks. Bruce says that I should probably get used to that.

Believe it or not, I think he could be right.

Sometimes, when Bruce is not being anal and actually yelling at me (*That's* rare), I like it when he tells me what to do. No, it's not a kink. Well... it could be. I don't know what it is about him. That voice really does something to me.

When I'm with him in public, we get a couple of whispers and some looks. Bruce can shrug it off a hell of a lot better than I can. He's probably used to this.

Bruce is seriously like a human magnet. You'd just want to follow him around, and you'd have no idea why you want to do it. Like you have this great need for him. It's strange. I don't want to leave him. Yeah, he can be pretty cold and he gets on my nerves. I leave, but then I come right back.

Maybe that's why Barbara stayed around him for so long. It could *not* be an easy thing to break up with him. When I have to take him to his business meetings, the men and women there *circle* around him. Then they just stare at him. He stares back. It's *way* creepy, but it's the most interesting thing I've seen happen at Wayne-Powers.

Bruce is pretty fascinating when he wants to be. He can also be very scary. I don't think that he means to be, it's... probably just the way he is. But it still creeps me out.

Yeah, I stare at him. But that's *different*. Much different from when others do it. I guess it's becoming a habit. I used to watch the old man when he wasn't looking. He almost caught me a couple of times, and I'd just look elsewhere. After awhile, I'd watch him even if he did know it. Bruce would look up and see me staring, and he'd stare right back. Neither one of us would say a word. Every time this happenned, any thing that I wanted to tell him, couldn't come out. We stopped having mental pissing contests a long time ago. I'm not sure what we're doing now. Whatever it is, it's probably not normal. It's probably not healthy.

I probably don't care. Maybe he doesn't, either.

Bruce has amazing shoulders, doesn't he? I once told him that in the cave, then squeezed one of them. He looked at me as if I had grew an extra eye. God, that was embarassing. But I played it off, and hopefully he didn't notice what as going on.

Sometimes I just want to put my head on his shoulder and fall asleep. Smell his cologne. Don't worry, I wouldn't try to cop a feel or anything. But, I'd just lay *or* sit with him like that. Maybe someday, I can. Hopefully he wouldn't cane me for it. I actually surprised him last night by massaging them when he was at the Batcomputer. The second I put my hands on his shoulders, Bruce probably thought I was plotting his death. Nah, I couldn't do that. Well, not without him knowing about it.

I've never heard him make sounds like that before. I just massaged him through his clothes, feeling all those shoulder and back muscles. I wanted to take off his blazer and turtleneck, but I'm not *that* bold. Yet. *Man* was he tense. Bruce actually made me blush the whole time. Afterwards, I could barely look him in the eye and had my jacket zipped up the whole night. Stupid hormones. No, I wasn't trying to seduce him. Not really. When I turned around, he was actually grinning at me. No bullshit.

Maybe I should seduce him. No! No... no... it wouldn't be the right thing to do. Not to mention it would be too awkward.

It's also very strange when he smiles. It's something that you don't get to see too often. Kind of small, yeah. But, at least it's something.

He won't be around forever, and it does make me sad. It also pisses me off. I can't explain it. It just *does*. Bruce can't help it. I'm not mad at him for it, not at all. He's practically saved my ass. If I could, I'd give him the rest of my years. I owe him that.

It's really not hard to love him. He just makes it hard to do so.

As long and he's okay, I'm okay. We're both going to be okay. Let's all just hope that I won't do something to mess this up. I need Bruce. Maybe he needs me, too.

Yeah. He's a reclusive, anal, perfectionist, control freak. And I think he has OCD. But I think I love him. You got a problem with that?

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Prodigette.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.