Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
375
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,204

Christmas In St. Carnard

Summary:

Gosalyn waits on Christmas Eve, but will her holiday wish be granted?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Christmas In St. Carnard
by Pirate Turner

        She sat with her arms wrapped around her thin legs, rocking back and forth underneath the Christmas tree. Her huge, watery eyes were locked not on the chimney, as any normal girl her age staying up in their family room should be focusing on, but rather on a particular spot on the bookcase. She waited as the hours ticked by, her sadness growing with each passing moment until tears started to streak down her feathered face.

        Gosalyn wiped them away at first, but more and more fell until the bookcase swung open and a particular purple-clad Caped Crusader raced into the room. "DAD!!!" she squealed and raced into his arms, wrapping her own tightly around him as the clock struck midnight.

        Darkwing relished his daughter's hug and held her tight to his heart for a long moment. Finally, he peeled back just enough that he could look down into her wet, shining eyes. "Did you really think there's anywhere else I'd rather be on Christmas than with you, Gos?"

        "Oh, Dad!" He was rewarded with another loving hug so tight it nearly broke his ribs before Launchpad lured Gosalyn away with the promise of opening her presents. Darkwing smiled as he watched his partner distracting Gosalyn so he could change, something he had not taken the time to do as he rushed to be with his daughter on Christmas. St. Carnard was safe for another night. It was Christmas, and he was home with his family. Life had never been better!

        He hurried through his change and quickly joined them. He kissed Launchpad softly under the mistletoe. The couple then turned together, with glowing hearts, to watch their child unwrap her presents.

        Drake gave Launchpad's hand a gentle squeeze a moment later. He spoke softly with a loving, understanding smile gracing his beak, "Go ahead." Launchpad looked at him with joy filling his eyes. He pulled him into another rib-threatening hug before racing to his gifts with an excited shout. Drake laughed as he watched them, settled into his chair, and reached for his waiting camera, eager to capture the moments forever even though their love and this moment was already permanently etched on his heart.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.