Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,210
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,779

Sickness

Summary:

This is what should've been said in  SWAK

Work Text:

Sickness
by Jewelbaby
Rgreeneyes@aol.com

 

Tim was sitting at Abby’s computer wearing the breathing suit.  His  thoughts were somewhere other than that computer.  His thoughts were laying  in a bed at Bethesda. Tony Dinozzo his lover of over 6 months had inhaled a  white substance that was in an envelope that was delivered to the  NCIS  office early that morning.    Tim looked up from the computer to  see Gibbs come in without his breathing suit.  Gibbs motioned for him to  take his suit off.   Tim took it off sighing.  “Thank god.   That’s a relief.”  Tim said.   All the tests for the infection  had come back negative.

“Not for Dinozzo.”  Gibbs said looking over the other female Agents shoulder.

“Tony has the Y Pestis virus?”  Abby asked.

“Yes.  We need to find out who the bastard is who sent this  letter.   Now.”  Gibbs barked.   He walked out of the  lab leaving Tim shell shocked.

 

5 HOURS LATER

The case had been solved.  Tony would get better somewhat.  The  damage was done.   Kate had waned to stay the night with Tony in the  observation chamber.  Tomorrow they would move him to a regular  room.  Tim was sitting at his desk working on his report when Gibbs came  in.    “What are you still doing here?”    Gibbs  asked going to his desk.

“Not ready to go home boss.”  Tim said looking at his  computer.

“Tim?  How long have you and Tony been together?”   Gibbs asked quietly.

Tim was shocked.   Once he got his voice he spoke.  “Bout 6  months.  We got together after the case that took us to Florida.   Guess seeing him laying on that floor made me realize I needed to just tell  him.”    Tim said.

“Do you love him?”  Gibbs asked.

“Very much so.”  Tim said.

“Then if I was you.  I wouldn’t be sitting here at my desk doing  my report.  I would be over at that hospital making sure he knew I was  right beside him.”  Gibbs said looking at his Email.

“Kate has that claim right now.   I’ll just finish this  report.  And then head home.”  Tim said.

After Tim left the building Gibbs picked up his phone and dialed Dr, Pitt’s number.  “Yeah Dr, Pitt?   This is Agent Gibbs.  I need a  favor.   In the morning I need Agent Todd at NCIS at 0800 hrs.   Can you have her sent here then?”  Gibbs waited for his answer.   “Thank you.”  Gibbs said hanging up.

 

NEXT MORNING.
BETHESDA HOSPITAL

Tim came into the room to find Tony laid back with a nasal cannula in his nose.  And IV’s pumping full of antibiotics.   He still had a  blue tint to his skin but it was fading with each passing hour.   Tony  was currently laying back sleeping.   Tim smirked and sat carefully  down on the chair next to the bed.   Tony moaned and rolled over  facing the chair.  When his eyes came opened he smiled.  “When did you  get here?”  Tony asked still having a slight problem breathing.

 Tim smirked and laid his hand on Tony’s arm.    “Just  walked in.”   Tim said.

“Did I obey Gibbs’ order?”  Tony asked eyes closing again.

“Don’t know what you mean.”  Tim said.

“He came to see me last night after you solved the case.  Told me to  not die and that was an order.”  Tony said.

Tim got it and smirked.   “You obeyed his orders.    You’re in a regular room at Bethesda.  They took you out of Isolation early  this morning.”  Tim said.

“Kate?”  Tony asked.

“Gibbs ordered her back to NCIS at 8 this morning to do a  report.”  Tim said.

“She’s sick.  She’s needs rest...”  Tony was saying as his  body gave out and he went to sleep.

Tim smirked and kissed his head.  “So do you.”  Tim said.

 

1 DAY LATER
BETHESDA

Abby    Ducky   Kate and Gibbs all piled into  Tony’s room.   “Tony!!!!!!!!!!!” Abby squealed and ran over and flung  herself at him.

“Abby.”  Gibbs warned.

Tony hugged her back.  “She’s alright.   Did you miss me  Abby?”  Tony asked.

“Most definitely.”  Abby said kissing her cheek.

“Hey Ducky.   I hear you and Dr.  Pitt got well  acquainted?”  Tony said smiling at the English doctor.

“We did indeed.   In fact I just spoke with him and he  seems to think that given a few more days in here you’ll be able to go  home.”    Ducky said.

“Thank god.  As much as I like this place.  I’m ready to be  in my own bed.” Tony said.

Dr. Pitt came in.   “Hi all.   Tony how are  you feeling?”   He asked.

“Still having trouble breathing.  But it’s getting  better.”  Tony said.

“To be expected.   I’m sure Doctor Mallard told you in a  few days we’ll release you.  Well when you go home you are to be on  moderate bed rest for a couple of weeks.  Which means no running or  swimming.  Gotta let your lungs heal.  As for work when you go back I  would want you to start off slow with desk duty and then after a couple weeks of  that go back out into the field.   But as for right now you just need to  rest.  Your body especially your lungs have been compromised by the Y  pestis virus.”   Dr, Pitt said.

“Should he have someone stay with him when he goes home?”  Kate  asked.

“It’s not necessary but it couldn’t hurt.  Just to make sure he  behaves.”  Dr, Pitt said smirking at Tony.

“Agent McGee can look after Tony when he goes home.  I’ve told  Director that my team will be on a need only basis for the next few  weeks.”  Gibbs said.

“That’s good.  Ok get some rest and I’ll check on you in a  while.”  Dr, Pitt said leaving the room.

“Well we best let Anthony rest.”  Ducky said.

Once all goodbyes were said and everyone had left Tony looked at  Tim.  “We need to talk.”  Tony said..

“About?”  Tim asked.

“About you moving into my apartment.”  Tony said.

“What?  Where did this come from?”  Tim asked.

“Came from me fearing that I was gonna die.  Tim I’ve lived my  whole life in my father’s shadow.  I don’t wanna live a double life.   I wanna be able to go home to you at night and not worry about having to go to  my apartment or you having to go to yours early in the morning for  clothes.”  Tony said.

“Me neither but what about work.  I would have to get a change of  address and I’m sure every one in personnel would notice your address.”   Tim said.

“Easy get a Post office box.  Tell em someone had been messing  with your box and you got a P O box.”  Tony said.

Tim was impressed.  “You’ve really thought this through haven’t  ya?”  Tim asked.

“I have.  I know I won’t be able to lift much but I think  between some of  my frat buddies we can get your stuff into my apartment over the  weekend.  I want this Tim.  And if you think about it long enough you  want it too.”  Tony said taking Tim’s hand and squeezing.

“I do.  Ok.  I’ll close out my lease and start packing  tonight.”   Tim said.

“Cool.  I love you.”  Tony said.

“I love you too.  Now rest.”   Tim said.

“Only if you come rest with me.  I’m really going through  withdrawal from not   having you in my arms.”  Tony said smiling  his charming smile.

“Move over and I’ll crawl in.”  Tim said toeing his shoes off  and crawling into the bed beside Tony.  Neither man noticed the 4 people  watching them from the doorway.  Each with a tiny smirk on their  face.


END [FOR NOW]