Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
411
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,311

Still Standing

Summary:

Don was okay, save and sound.

Work Text:

Still Standing.
by Aiden

 

Charlie paced the room, anxiously waiting for Don to get home.

He could have been killed. That painful though kept whirling around in his mind. What if he had? What would happen to him? Charlie couldn't bear it if something happened to Don. If Don had died, Charlie wouldn't have known how to go on. Don was his life, his soul mate.

"He's okay, Charles," Larry assured him. "He's on his way home."

Taking a deep breath, Charlie tried to calm down, but it wasn't working. "I know, but what if he had -," he couldn't even say it out loud.

Charlie froze when he heard the key turning in the lock of the front door. Don walked alive and in one piece. That's all that mattered.

As soon as Don closed the door behind him, Charlie pounced, kissing him, moving his hands up and down his body, reassuring himself that his lover was healthy.

"Oh my God, you're okay," he said softly against Don's neck. "You're here, safe and sound." Then suddenly, Charlie pulled back and punched Don in the ribs lightly.

"Hey, what was that for?" Don protested, happy to let Charlie fuss over him. He cupped his brother's face and kissed him passionately.

"Never scare me like that again – ever," Charlie said, glaring at his brother.

Don knew that the scene this afternoon could have ended so differently. If the bomb had been 'dirty' or if it had gone off early, he wouldn't be standing there – with Charlie in his arms.

Don shivered. He needed to focus on Charlie now.

"I'm sorry," Don apologized, kissing Charlie, letting the familiar taste and scent of his lover wash away his fears and worries.

Larry, who had watched the whole scene play out in front of him, stood and walked to the kitchen, giving the lovers some privacy.

"Thanks for staying with me," Charlie called out to his friend.

Closing his eyes, Don basked in Charlie's warmth, trying to ease his own fears and worries from the bomb scene this afternoon.

Charlie gazed into his lover's eyes, tears threatening to fall. "I have no idea what I would without you, Don."

"Oh, baby," Don tightened his hold on Charlie and kissed him again. "I'm still here. I'm okay," he whispered to him between kisses.

Charlie returned his kisses, holding on for dear life. "I love you so much, Donnie."

"I love you, too, baby," Don whispered.

end