Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
444
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,049

Brash

Summary:

Notes: set shortly after Angelus became a vampire,  brash

Work Text:

Brash
by Lucinda

 

Darla leaned back in her chair, one hand tracing over the velvet while the other held a lovely pewter goblet.  She had a human chained to the wall, a trace of blood on his arm where she'd cut him to fill the goblet.  Drinking from the goblet cooled the blood a bit, but it made the human far more frightened than simply biting him, and it made it easier for her to keep him alive longer.  After all, why glut yourself on a human when you could take you time, savor the experience and the fear?

In the other room, she could hear the sound of an open hand striking flesh, hear whimpers of pain.  She had no doubts that her darling boy was playing with his food.  If she went to talk to him about it, he'd probably dismiss her concerns, insisting that there were more humans out there, easily a hundred more just like the ones they'd captured - unwashed, ignorant peasants, unlikely to be missed by anyone, easily replaced.  In that, he was right.  But he'd follow that with the idea that as there were so many more just like them, it was perfectly fine to break them quickly, to go through two or three in a night if he wanted.

He was so brash and headstrong.  Full of passion and enthusiasm...  Things that she quite enjoyed. Her darling Angelus just had no thought towards the future.

Fortunately, she was there to handle that for the pair of them.  She could plan ahead, restrain herself to accomplish a goal.  She could blend with the high society, dazzle and overwhelm the merchants.

Several more crashes came from the other room, as well as the distinctive sound of human bones snapping.

"Oh, my boy is in quite the mood tonight," Darla mused.  She finished the goblet of blood, and tilted her head as the other room fell quiet.

Deciding that his passions could be a splendid thing, she stood up and swiftly drained her terrified prisoner.  As she'd planned, his blood was thick with terror, giving it a delicious tang.

As she walked towards the other room, she let the heavy velvet dressing gown fall to the floor, revealing her pale skin.  After all, she was fond of the robe, and her brash boy could play so delightfully rough...

"Feeling better, Angelus?" Darla called from the doorway, seeing him crouching over the body of a broken human.  His eyes gleamed yellow, his sharp teeth red with blood.  He looked like her fallen angel, a devil of temptation, violence and lust.  Perfect.

She was in no hurry for her Angelus to grow up and settle down.

 

end Brash.