Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
224
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
920

Reeling in the years

Summary:

For woman_of who wanted Spangel using the song title that is the title of this drabble.  Turned out a bit melancholic.

Work Text:



Reeling in the years
by Lilithangel

 

Each lover was marked by tears, each memory punctuated by hot salt marking his cheeks.  He kept each tear and each memory for when he could no longer feel the scars.

He couldn't remember any tears shed for him, only blood.

So when he tracked salt down another cheek, from chocolate brown eyes that never bled for him, he had to reach up and taste it.  Taste the years, the pain it carried, and see if it burned the same as his memories.

He had shed tears for those eyes, gifted them gladly and had them taken.  They marked years of solitude and highlighted brief moments of glory.

"Angel?"

"I thought I'd lost you."

"Can't escape me that easily."

The rain was cold and the alley was washed with blood but he was baptised by those tears.

"Won't lose you again.  We've got things to do, you and I."

"Not planning on going anywhere.  Did we win?"

"Not really, but we won ourselves some time."

"Time to cry."  He could feel the arms around him now as the tears dried.

"And time to sleep."  The last of the tears were taken by soft lips brushing across his eyelids and he did as he was bid.

There would be time for memories not marked with tears.  Time, maybe for a lover who would only mark his skin with love.

 

END