Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
659
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
878

Lucky Red Socks

Summary:

There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best of men.
Pairing: Dick and Babs
Disclaimer: Characters are not mine but thats okay cause I want make money from this

Work Text:

Lucky Red Socks
by Jim Plahn

 

I always liked to surprise Barbara by coming in through the window to visit her. The only problem with that is that now the only time she gets surprised by my entry is when it is through the front door. Tonight though, I have thought of an absolute brilliant way of not only surprising her, but hopefully helping to add spice to our love life.

I had bought an X rated movie that I saw while chasing up a lead in a Violent Erotica case I was working on in Budhaven. I don?t normally go in for this kind of thing but it was an older title from the 70?s entitled Batgirl and Robin and I thought Babs would get a kick out of it.

So I shot off my line and it landed safely on the top of her building. I then stripped off all my gear and left it in an old bag hidden on top of the roof. I tucked the video safely under one arm and with the rope held tight in the other I jumped.

The great Nightwing swings gracefully through the open window hits the carpet and immediately tucks into a roll, jumps over the couch and lands on the coffee table, wearing only his mask and his lucky pair of red socks.

Babs looked up from her wheelchair, her eyes wide open. Yep I definitely shocked her this time. She smiled wickedly and gestured towards the kitchen. At first I had no idea what she was on about then I heard it "Barbs what was that? Are you all right?"

No need to tell you I mirrored her earlier look of shock. James Gordon was inside her apartment.

I wish I could say I wasted no time and jumped back out the window grabbed the line and swung back to were I had come from. However, I panicked and stood there for precious seconds. Then when I finally realized I had to move, quickly I leapt entirely in the wrong direction and landed in the main bedroom.

Under normal circumstances, this would not have been a terribly bad move I would grab my spare pair of clothes I normally keep in the cupboard for such emergencies. Then once clothed, I could climb out the bedroom window back into the night sky.

This of course was no ordinary night.

The second I landed in the room I ducked out of sight. Inside the room two new eyes looked up at me from the computer screen Tim Drake dressed as Robin had obviously working on a case with Oracle when her father had unexpectedly came to visit. Then instead of leaving he hid in the bedroom until Jim left.

This apparently was too much for Tim and he burst out laughing. This of course was a bad thing because a Police Commissioner was only just outside trying to figure out what the previous thump was in the lounge room.

The Boy Wonder figured this out quickly cause he stopped his laughter leaving only his huge grin.

However, the damage was already done Babs Dad had heard the outburst and was approaching the open door. Barbara could be heard in the background saying "Probably just some alley cats prowling the fire escape" and I new she was smiling.

I was about to hide somewhere but Robin was already out the window and had his line secure and franticly gesturing for me to grab on.

The two of us landed on to the next building and ducked out of site behind a skylight.

Since the danger had passed, Tim burst out into laughter.

Even when I had found my clothes and swung away and was safely in my car driving back to Budhaven I swear I could still hear that laughter echoing through the night. This was one experience; I was not going to let down soon.

 

Finish