Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
318
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,102

Playing with Fire

Summary:

Brucey never should have refused her request for a donation for her cause!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Playing with Fire
by Pirate Turner

        She lay amongst them, stretching leisurely and enjoying the feel of so many against her lithe body. She watched from green eyes as her children enjoyed having so many at their deploy. Some rolled amongst them while others stretched. One was too busy cleaning herself to take much leisurely interest in anything at the moment, but most were repeatedly throwing the greenbacks up and catching them. Selina laughed, and the musical sound echoed in the vault.

        She let them enjoy the free abandon to play in the abundance of money for just a few seconds, then started stuffing everything into bags. A sudden mew caused her to pause and look in the bag. She chuckled as she withdrew one of her younger furbabies and placed a gentle kiss on the little cat's tiny head before placing her back on the floor with the others.

        Catwoman grew serious as she quickly finished filling the bags. She enjoyed playing with fire, but she knew the clock was ticking and she had to be fast. When she was she done, she surveyed the emptied vault with a purrfectly satisfied smile that lit the fire in her emerald orbs. Brucey never should have refused her request for a donation for her cause!

        "Scat, cats!" she called out the command to leave, and they all ran together with her in their midst. She made certain every single feline made their escape together with herself and also that a solitary strand of fur remained in the vault to mark their presence clearly. "The Bat's gonna learn, darrrlings," she spoke to her children as they raced through the night to the freedom of their home, "when you play with fire and taunt the flames, you get burned." Her purring laughter echoed into the dark. She would love to see Bruce's face when he saw his bank vault!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.