Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 18 of McHale's Navy Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
512
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,323

Deleted Scene: All Chiefs and No Indians

Summary:

small scene set during ep "All Chiefs and No Indians"

Work Text:

Episode Summary:  Binghamton talks The 73 Crew into taking the exam for promotion to CPO, but doesn’t tell them that all CPOs are to be shipped out, immediately, to training positions at ComFleet. -- from www.tv.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpenter wasn’t surprised when an arm pulled him into the supply closet. Before he could say anything, a large body pressed him against the wall and an eager tongue invaded his mouth. He cupped McHale’s jaw and returned the kiss with equal enthusiasm.

McHale had one hand on the wall to either side of Carpenter’s head. He could feel the heat through their uniforms. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against Carpenter’s. “Hey, Lucky,” he whispered.

Carpenter ran his fingers over the stubble on McHale’s cheek. “Hey.”

McHale licked at Carpenter’s bottom lip. “It’s been too long.”

Carpenter felt McHale’s hot breath over his lips and a jolt of longing and anticipation shot down his spine. He couldn’t help squirming against McHale. “But not here,” he panted.

“No, not here,” McHale agreed but made no move to put any distance between them. “What’s old Leadbottom up to?”

Carpenter trailed light kisses along McHale’s jaw. Suddenly, he wondered why McHale always smelled so good. “What?”

McHale shut his eyes and momentarily lost his train of thought. He growled and told himself to focus. “Why’s he conned all my guys into taking the chief petty officer exam?”

Carpenter made his way up to McHale’s ear. He bit down gently on his earlobe. “Because all chief petty officers are being shipped out. Admiral Hartesty needs them as training instructors.”

McHale ran a hand through Carpenter’s hair and held on. “I knew it had to be something like that.”

“As soon as he read the dispatch, I saw the wheels turning in his head,” Carpenter murmured against McHale’s skin. “If he’d devote half that energy to fighting the Nips, the war would be over next year.”

“Won’t happen,” McHale muttered.

“Probably not.”

Both of them tensed at the sound of voices in the hall outside. Thankfully, the noise quickly faded. McHale put his head on Carpenter’s shoulder. He turned his face to the side of Carpenter’s neck and laughed quietly.

Carpenter rubbed the back of McHale’s neck. “What?”

McHale took a deep breath. He pulled back just enough to see Carpenter’s quizzical expression. “Just thinking of my shlockmeisters as training instructors.”

Carpenter grinned. “The navy would never be the same.”

The laugh bubbled up in McHale’s chest and it took all he had not to let it out full force. “It’s just as well. My guys are going to fail that test in spectacular fashion. Zeros across the board.”

“Good.” Carpenter gave McHale a quick kiss and shoved him away. “Now, let’s get out of here before we get carried away.”

McHale smiled wryly. “Right.”

Carpenter straightened his uniform. “Right.”

McHale turned to the door. He winked at Carpenter over his shoulder. “Urlulu’s throwing a party Friday night, but I haven’t been feeling well the last couple days. I might bow out and stay home by myself.”

Carpenter clicked his tongue between his teeth. His expression was neutral except for the twinkle in his eyes. “That would be too bad.”

Series this work belongs to: