Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
227
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,069

Second Chances

Summary:

Jack remembers and looks forward to a new future.

Work Text:

Second Chances
by Lilithangel

 

Jack stood in front of the memorial, his hands stuffed in his pockets as he read the names of the fallen.  Had it really been so long?  Two hundred years, sixty five, two thousand, a trillion, they had become just numbers to him.  Some days every second hung heavy on his shoulders and others it felt like yesterday.

Three times (four if you counted being buried) he'd been there, each time added to the man he had become.  Meeting the original Jack had made the biggest impact and leaving had hurt more than any leave-taking in his history except one.

A hand slipped into his pocket and clasped his.  He turned to see his Captain with understanding in those beautiful green eyes.  He blessed the day Billis' games brought his Captain back to him, gave him a second chance.  It hadn't been easy, one kiss and a stolen name was not a lot to build a relationship on, but he wasn't prepared to waste it.

"Back to work?" he said with a smile.

"Twenty-first century's when it all happens," Jack replied with a cheeky twinkle.

"Just because I took your name doesn't mean you get to take my lines."

"Of course it does."

Time can fly when you're immortal but he was determined to make every moment better than the last until the last goodbye.


END