Actions

Work Header

The Surprise

Summary:

Buck and Blossom have another interruption . . .

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Surprise
by Pirate Turner

 

        All was peaceful early that morning. The only sounds were that of snoring and the twittering of birds. The quietness was suddenly interrupted by a loud banging on the door.

        The blue eyes of Buck Wilmington flew open. He had to squint against the bright sunlight. A male voice shouted from the other side of the door, "YOU IN THERE WIT' MAH WIFE!?!"

        Buck recalled how he had first met Vin Tanner. He figured it was just another prank and started to go back to sleep.

        The banging grew louder, and Blossom stirred awake next to him.

        The voice came again, "Open up in there!"

        "Oh, mah!" Blossom cried softly. "That's mah husband!"

        Buck jumped up from her bed and started pulling on his pants. "Thought he was in jail?"

        "He was," Blossom answered. "Ah reckon he got out."

        "Open up or Ah'll break down the door!" the voice thundered again.

        "Just a minute, honey," Blossom sang out.

        Buck managed to get his pants on and grab the rest of his clothes, his hat, boots, and gun. There was a loud thud as Blossom's husband began trying to break down the door. Buck threw his things out of the window, barely missing a man in black.

        "What's going on up there?" Chris Larabee asked.

        Instead of answering, Buck turned and kissed Blossom one last time before jumping out the window. The door let go just then, and a man came charging in. He couldn't stop until he fell onto the bed. He pulled himself up and looked around the room. "Where is he?" he demanded, his angry eyes scanning the bedroom.

        "Where's who, Johnny?" Blossom asked sweetly.

        "You know who! The guy yer've been messin' around with while I was in jail!" Pushing Blossom aside, he ran to the window and looked out upon the town of Four Corners, but there was no sign of Buck or Chris. The street was empty!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.