Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
227
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,009

I Call It Messin' with the Kid

Summary:

Four Corners' Sheriff has his own secret protector.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I Call It Messin' with the Kid
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        The bright rays of sunlight fell on two figures in front of the jailhouse. The older man pointed a gun at the younger one. "Ya can call it whatever ya want to," he stated, his blue eyes shining with a deadly twinkle, "but I call it messin' with the kid."

        The younger man gulped but didn't retreat. "Why do you care what happens to the Sheriff?" he asked.

        "He's a friend," the man replied. "You mess with my friends, you mess with me. Got it?" The younger man gulped and nodded. "Then get," the man said, making for the trigger of his gun.

        The young man nodded fearfully as he stammered, "Y-y-y-y-y-yes, sir, whatever you say." He then turned around and ran for his horse. He mounted and galloped off, heading straight out of Four Corners as quickly as his horse could carry him. He had wanted to make a name for himself by killing the Sheriff, but this town was obviously not the place to begin his would-be legendary career.

        Buck Wilmington grinned with satisfaction as he watched the young man disappear into the distance. He uncocked his gun and returned it to its holster. He then turned and sauntered seemingly carelessly into the jailhouse, his trademark, huge grin plastered over his handsome face.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.