Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
331
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,406

Playing With Fire

Summary:

Mickey rants to Ash.

Work Text:

“I can’t believe that you’re this stupid.”

Ash sat on the couch, watching Mickey pace. He put his head back to stare at the ceiling and sighed heavily. “Look, Mick--” he tried reasonably.

Mickey overrode Ash in agitation. “You know I love Danny like a brother, but he’s irresponsible and childish. He doesn’t know the meaning of the word commitment.”

“I never said I wanted a commitment,” Ash answered quietly.

Mickey continued as if Ash hadn’t spoken. “He chases anything in a skirt. When he’s had a few drinks, he chases anything period. How could you let him--”

Ash rubbed his eyes. His voice was still soft, yet compelling. “Mick, please stop for a second.”

Mickey abruptly stopped and faced Ash. He held his arms out. “You’re playing with fire and I don’t want to see you hurt.”

Ash looked at Mickey. He wasn’t used to seeing Mickey tentative. He gave a small smile. “Thanks, but I know what I let myself in for.”

Mickey stared at Ash for a moment longer before shaking his head ruefully. He sat next to Ash and nudged him with his elbow. “You’re sure this is what you want?”

Ash nudged him back. “I’m sure.” One end of his mouth quirked up. “Don’t tell Danny I told you, but the ladies’ man is an act.”

Mickey arched an eyebrow. “Really?”

“Really.” Ash chuckled and stood up. “We should go see if Stacie and Albie have managed to calm Danny down.”

Mickey winced. “Sorry about all that. I didn’t mean for it to become a shouting match.”

“With you and Danny, how could it be anything else?” Ash shrugged. “It’ll be all right.” His grin seemed to come out of nowhere. “I’m flattered that you care.”

Mickey stared at the floor. He cleared his throat. “I care about the lot of you,” he muttered.

“We know. Danny knows and, once you grovel enough, I’m sure he’ll forgive you,” Ash said deadpan.

Mickey couldn’t help but laugh. He stood and patted Ash's shoulder. “Well, then let’s go and get it over with.”