Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
235
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
921

Cheers

Summary:

A shirt doesn't want Jean to wash it.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Cheers
by Pirate Turner

 

        A tall redhead carried a basket full of dirty clothes into the basement of Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning. Bored, she sighed as she lifted the lid to the washing machine and laid the basket on the edge of the machine. She began shoveling the clothes into the machine, and it was only after she picked up the last article of clothing, her husband's favorite yellow shirt, that the trouble began. She started to drop the shirt into the washing machine, but the shirt began struggling and managed to break free of her grasp. It flew up to the ceiling and hung onto the roof with its sleeves.

        Jean smiled and resisted the urge to laugh at the shirt's actions. she reached out and scooped some Cheer detergent into a measuring cup. She dumped the detergent into the washing machine and looked up at the shirt just as it released itself from the ceiling. The shirt dived towards the washing machine but changed its course at the last possible second as it instead pulled a quick U-turn and landed behind Jean.

        Jean started the load to washing before turning around. A brunette man stood where the shirt had landed mere seconds before. She smiled as she commented, "Cute stunt, Morph. Real cute."

        Morph grinned back at her. "I got that from the Cheer commercial," he admitted with a wink.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.