Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
502
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,184

The PC Generation

Summary:

You have to know how to talk to the politicaly correct generation.

Work Text:

Stacie and Albert found Billy hunched on a barstool, staring into his drink. He shook his head and muttered under his breath. He rubbed the back of his neck and blew out a long breath.

They sat on either side of him. She grinned and squeezed his arm. “Why so down, Billy?”

Billy shrugged. “Oh, nothing.”

Albert held a hand up to get Eddie’s attention. Then he nudged Billy with his elbow. “Don’t lie to Stacie. She’s a human lie detector.”

Billy shrugged again, not taking his eyes off the amber lager. “It’s nothing. I just….”

Stacie rolled her eyes. “You just what?”

“Forget it.”

Albert inclined his head to Eddie when the latter set a glass of scotch in front of him. He half turned to face Billy. “What’s on your mind, William?”

Eddie folded his arms across his chest. He fought to keep the smile off his face. “Just tell ‘em, Billy. I already told ya that you’re making too big a deal of out this.”

Billy chewed on his bottom lip. “Every time I ask Danny if he wants to go clubbing, he turns me down.”

Stacie smiled. “Why do you want Danny to go with you?”

“I don’t like going to them places by myself,” Billy answered self-consciously. He looked at them and then back down at his drink. “I can’t ask you guys.”

Albert snickered. “I don’t know why not.”

Billy swirled what was left in his glass and threw it back. “Birds think a guy by himself is a loser.”

“You’re wrong,” Stacie said flatly. “But that’s a discussion for another time.”

“Do I smell or something?” Billy asked suddenly. “When I ask, Danny gets this weird look on his face. Sometimes, he even blushes. I can’t believe Danny is such a prude.”

Stacie and Albert just looked at each other behind Billy’s back. Albert shrugged and Stacie asked quietly, “When Danny blushes, is Ash there, too?”

Billy pursed his lips in thought. “I think so. Ash was here earlier, thought the whole thing was funny.”

“Haven’t they told you yet?”

“More to the point. Haven’t you figured it out yet?” Albert asked dryly.

Billy stared at Albert. “I’m missing something here.”

Eddie smirked. “Oh, yeah.”

No one said anything and Billy snapped, “What?”

“All right then.” Albert cleared his throat. “Danny and Ash are together.”

“Okay,” Billy said slowly, still not making the connection.

“They’re good friends,” Stacie tried.

Billy looked at her blankly. “Okay.”

Eddie laughed quietly and shook his head. “Billy, they’re domestic partners.”

Billy’s eyes got wide. “Really?”

“Really.”

Billy straightened up and grinned. “All right. That explains it.” His cell phone rang and he glanced at it. He jumped off his stool and waved a cheery goodbye. “That’s me mate Charlie. See ya later.”

After Billy was gone, Stacie and Albert stared at Eddie. “What?” Eddie asked.

One end of Stacie’s mouth quirked up. “Domestic partners?”

Eddie grinned smugly. “You just have to know how to talk to the pc generation.”