Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-11-16
Words:
3,600
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
16
Hits:
2,920

Harry Potter: Heroes and a Hero

Summary:

"I always wondered, what makes a wizard tick."

Chapter 1: Prologue and Chapter 1: Sylar's Discovery

Chapter Text

Fandom: Heroes/Harry Potter

Harry Potter: Heroes and a Hero
by J. D. Cook
 

An elderly man makes his way slowly down the street from the Leaky caldron. He stops for a moment to reach into his pocket and pulled out his wand, he looked around, then began the sequence of a spells to disaprate, when he saw a man walking down the street toward him. He put his wand away and began to walk down an alley. He watched for the man to pass by; however he saw the man stop at the alley and look right at him.

"I always wondered, what makes a wizard tick." he said with his eyes transfixed on the old wizard.

"What?" the old man said both frightened by the tone of the stranger, and felt very threatened because the man knew he was a wizard.

The strange man pointed his finger toward the old wizard. He smiled as he saw his power work as it has always done many times before. The old man began to scream in pain as he felt his head begin to be split and blood dripped into his eyes. His scream silenced, he stood for a moment looking forward at his attacker, then his body went limp, he was dead before his body hit the ground and the top of his skull fell off.

 

Chapter 1: Sylar's Discovery.

He stood at the Kings Cross station, waiting for his train to arrive. "Platform ten." he read his ticket. He hated to wait for anything, but he was stuck in the middle of London, and he wanted to find another person with strange powers. He planned to take the train from London to the Dyce Rail station, from there he would travel to the man's home; he wanted to see how he "ticks".

Sylar was once a simple man; he repaired watches with a passion and love. He cared for every watch as if it was an entity, alive with a heart and brain, with a soul. He felt empowered by being able to take any watch, clock or time piece, open it up and figuring out how the small gears, wheels and springs makes it come to life.

He looked at his own watch, a disappointment fell on his face, "Damn!" he said realizing his train was late. He heard the sounds of trolleys rolling down the long deck toward him.

A family made their way toward the platform where he stood; they all looked much stressed as they too were running behind. "Merlin's beard, we're going to be late for the train. Come on you two stop lollygagging about." The mother shouted. They looked around as if they were about to do something. They ran one at a time toward a stone partition, the first of the family vanished through the stone structure, followed by the rest of the family.

Skylar did a double-take in disbelief. He has seen many strange things, but he had never seen just anyone walk through walls, let alone an entire family. He walked up to the stone wall, put his hand against it. His hand melted into it the stone as if it was not even there, except there was a feeling as if he had put his hand in water. He looked around to make sure he was not seen, and stepped into the barrier. He looked around, his amazement grew into curiosity. He looked up at a sign hanging smartly on the wall above the barrier; "Hogwarts Express, platform 9 3/4."

"Can't I go?" a young boy pleaded with his mother.

"You have just one more year, and then you too will be going to Hogwarts." The mother said with a smile.

Sylar turned stood for a moment silent, observing the strange dressed people as some of the children boarded the train, while others younger stayed behind with the same look of disappointment. He turned to go back through the barrier when a woman came around the corner.

"Oh sir, you gave me such a start." the woman breathed rapidly.

"I beg your pardon ma'am. I just saw my boy off to Hogwarts. You know, it's been a long time since I been there, I wonder if they would allow guests to visit?" Sylar said with a sinister smile.

"All the time, you just have to file a request with the ministry for magic, and they will make the arrangements. As a matter of fact, I work for the ministry, and in the very department you seek. If you wish, we can meet at the Leaky Cauldron, and I will bring you the paperwork." she smiled.

Sylar nodded and turned to leave. "Thank you ma'am, you have been very helpful."

The woman smiled and headed out through the barrier. Sylar himself decided to head out of this strange place to make his plans.

 

To be continued.... Chapter 2: