Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Date
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-11-30
Words:
1,495
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
11
Hits:
2,371

The Date:one

Summary:

Vince learns of a prophecy that he has to go to the Caves of Blood Jade to find his destiny...

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

This is my first series

"Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended"

Chapter Text

The Date: Part One

    Vince crept through the twilit caverns as carefully as he could. The floor of the tunnel was littered with loose rocks and old bones. If I had more time, I bet I could find a whole human skeleton… Vince shook his head and refocused on his task. Finally, he reached a fork in the tunnel. One branch led out to even deeper darkness and weird murmuring sounds; a dank smell came from it, overpowering the dry, musky odor of the tunnel. The other branch was closed off by a massive iron and crystal door. It was locked and barred by steel spikes. Vince sighed, he examined the door. A minute later the door swung open and Vince stepped through into dark and winding tunnel. After several minutes, just beyond a sharp turn, it opened up onto a huge torch-lit cave. Crystals embedded in the walls and ceiling made the place seem like it was illuminated by half-a-hundred chandeliers. On the far wall was a huge brass throne sitting in a massive stone dais. A fat, hairy, ugly, creature sat on the throne. He had a crown of horns on his head and three eyes. He wore bits and pieces of mismatched armor and leather. Too bad he didn’t take the time to wear something less revealing across his middle… Vince tried to lose his disgusted expression. The muscular, armed, and armored, figures lining either side of the chamber made slight movements that felt threatening. The figure on the throne pointed at him, a huge ruby-like jewel glittered unnaturally on his finger and Vince zeroed in on it. He started when the creature spoke.

    “Name your self, so we may carve it into our list of fools, before we add your bones to the piles outside our door!” He and the rest of the creatures laughed, barring their sharp teeth. Vince shuddered, despite himself. Well, I haven’t come this far just to end up as food for a bunch of minor demons…