Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
397
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
764

The Last Laugh

Summary:

Xena, Gabrielle, and Joxer begin an unusual battle around their fire.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Last Laugh
by Pirate Turner

        Gabrielle sat on a log, hungrily eating from a wooden bowl. "Mmm... These beans are delicious!" She looked across the campfire to where Xena sat shining the blade of her sword. "You should try them."

        Xena didn't answer, but the bard still stood and headed over to the Warrior Princess. She passed Joxer along the way, and as she did so, she released such a foul odor that Joxer was forced to rapidly wave it away with his hand even as his eyes rolled back into his head.

        Xena put down her sword and took the bowl of beans from Gabrielle. She ate several spoonfuls of beans before exclaiming, "You're right, Gabrielle! These beans are delicious!" She continued to eat before finally telling Joxer, "You should try them, Joxer."

        The partners walked over to Joxer. Just as Joxer reached for the bowl Xena offered to him, Xena let out such vicious gas that Joxer fell backwards off of his log. He pushed himself up off the ground and dusted off his pants. His eyes flashed. "Okay, that's it," he announced in an angry grumble as he took the bowl from Xena. He swiftly ate the remainder of the beans. Just as soon as his first bites had had time to work their way through his system, he jumped around and lifted his rear end aimed directly at the two women. Just as Xena started to demand what he thought he was doing, Joxer shot at the duo, successfully stunning both women and causing them to fall backwards down on to the ground.

        "YYYEEESSSSSS!!! VICTORY IS MINE!!!" Joxer crowed ecstatically, his huge grin spreading from ear to ear.

        Two pairs of blue eyes flashed up at him, almost immediately dousing his victory dance. "Uh-oh!" he cried as he hurriedly turned and began to run.

        Xena and Gabrielle leapt to their feet and chased after him, but all froze as their six eyes spotted Argo's tail lifting. Until now, Xena's steed had been standing peacefully under a nearby tree, quietly munching the lush grass beneath him. As his long tail raised, a toxic wind escaped that caused all three humans to faint. Argo simply shook his mane, gave the humans a curious look as he wondered what stupidity they had became involved in this time, and then returned to his grass.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.