Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
285
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
971

KISS

Summary:

Response to a 15 minute prompt to use the phrase "Keep it Simple".  It's Weiss, it's Omi, it's really early in the AM.

Work Text:

I used the following15 minute fic prompt:

write a story that uses as a theme, or as a phrase in the story...

"Keep it simple"

You can choose what the character wants to keep simple, but it should be something they are nervous about.

 -----------------------------------------

It was something he learned in his very first programming class:  GIGO – garbage in, garbage out.  It worked out well in all areas, he found out.  He tried to keep that in mind for everything.  He thinks Yohji might actually try to string him up the next time he got a mission debrief after a night of heavy drink and partying that had GIGO splashed over the top of the page in big red letters. 

The same day he learned GIGO, he learned how to KISS – Keep it simple, stupid.  It worked the best when applied to his teammates.  Ken wanted the camaraderie he missed from the J-league.  Yohji wanted someone to care for and protect.  Aya wanted someone else to blame for his rapid descent into the enjoyment of violence – and an anchor to keep him from falling over that edge.

Manx wanted Shuiichi’s kid.  But she also wanted the next leader of Kritiker.  Or maybe she wanted to be the next leader of Kritiker.  Nah, simple.  Simply, Kritiker was the property of the Takatoris.  Simple.  He was a Takatori.  He simply did whatever he needed to do to whomever in order to get what he wanted.  At the end of the day, everything gets boiled down to its base parts.  1) Find a system weakness 2) Exploit it undetected 3) Get what you want 4) Get out undetected.  Deconstruct everything far enough and it all becomes easy. 

Simple.