Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,562
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,199

Dreams

Summary:

I don't know if this belongs here but it is Batclan/Superclan related, but mostly deals with the younger version of the worlds finest.
Disclaimer/Warning: I do not own any of the mentioned characters except the elder and the story he's telling.
There will be slash. Kon/Tim.
Has nothing to do with BatPupsverse.
I hope everyone likes this story.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

DREAMS
By Vision

It was a beautiful day as Prince Kon, of the kingdom El, rode on his faithful horse Krypto, along side his best friend Barthlmew, Duke of the house Allen, also atop his faithful stead, Impulse. Neither man had a care in the world as they chatted about their last visit to the Sandsmark castle, where they had visited their good friends the princess' Cassandra and Cissie.

"And you are saying that there was no attraction between you and the fair Lady Cissie, at all dear friend?" Prince Kon smirked as his friend Bart grew very red in the face.

"I assure you, lecher, that there was nothing of the sort going on between me and the Lady Cissie. And even if there had been something, and there wasn't, a proper gentleman does not tell. As a prince such as yourself should know."

"Prude." Kon muttered under his breath.

They galloped at a steady pace till they reached a great river, so wide in width that that they nearly could not see the other shore.

"I say," Bart steadied himself upon his mount, "we shall need a fair boat to take us across this great distance."

"I saw a small village not to far back, perchance they might have a good steady boat we could use."

And so they headed back toward the village. They were greeted with much excitement for the small village was far away from the hustle and bustle of the heavily traveled routes and the appearance of the two was a rare treat to the simple villagers, who insisted they spend the day and night to rest their horses and themselves and be taken across in the morning. The two travel weary men decided to except the invitation and sat down to a great lunch, and later a great meal. As the night grew, the elders of the village started a great bonfire and began to tell stories. Prince Kon in need of amusement decided to listen along with the young of the village.

"Long, long ago," the elder began, "before man was known in this land their lived a very dark river god. He was cruel and often poisoned the water so that any weary traveler seeing relief would receive only death. Never in his long life had he knew kindness, so knew not how to give it. Till one day a young maid came along this river, she had been attacked by robbers and was badly injured. She took her handkerchief and used the river water to slow the bleeding. The river god saw this young girl, and tasted her blood in his waters. He watched her fade from life, but something was unusual about this girl. Even as she lay dying she sang praises to the gods and goddess for allowing her to see such a beautiful land before dying. The dark god was entranced by her singing, and just as she was about to fade into the underworld, he sent his magic into her and changed her into a demigod. She could change shape from her maiden form and that of a black canary. The maid grew into a lovely woman and in turn fell madly in love with the river god, but he, never knowing love, did not respond till many many years later, after many attempts and showing of affection from the woman now known as Black Canary. She found a way into his cold heart, and they lived happily for generations and had several children. The water Nymphs known as Nightwing, Red Hawk (1), Robin, and Psyche (2). Many summers passed in happiness passed for the family of the river. They lived as such until one day a prophet by the name Oracle came upon the river, and she spied the Nymph children playing with the river animals, and her eyes filled with love as she spotted young Nightwing, eldest son of the river god. She wished this Nymph to be hers so she set a trap. She made a lute from a river reed, and when she spotted young Nightwing alone she began to play, for everyone knows that a Nymph can not resist the sound of music nor tell a lie and so one can find there true name and bind them to you as they dance, and as he came to dance beside her, she walked away from the river continuing to play the lute. Soon they where many miles away from the river and she stopped playing. Nightwing came back to his senses and tried to flee but he was to far away from the river and its powers. And so the Prophet Oracle used the lute to find Nightwings true name, binding him to her, making him her consort till death. When the river god found out he was very angry, but there was nothing he could do for his power did not reach to the land the prophet traveled. He forbid his three remaining children from ever traveling alone, they promised and soon the pain eased and they lived happily one more. Till the dark day a traveling circus came upon the river. The circus was run by cruel and evil men who knew beautiful Nymphs played in these waters. And they waited till they spied young Red Hawk with his mother Black Canary, playing. The evil circus men told there music makers to start playing, soon Red Hawk and Black Canary were trapped by the music and led away from the rivers power and met the same fate as Nightwing. The dark river god was beyond angry now. He decided that no man would ever steal his last two children and made the water poison, and that is why the waters of the river Gothiam are such a strong salt while all others are fresh, children. And why it is forbidden to play music close to the riverbanks for it may anger the dark river god and he may crush for he will think you are trying to steal his remaining children." The elder continues with another story but Prince Kon bid them good night and went to join his friend Bart in a tent to sleep. He was still laughing at the story. `Dark River God, Nymphs, bah, stories for children and the simple minded' he laughed to himself as he lay down in his blanket roll.

It was hours later and still no sleep came to the young prince no matter how much he twisted or turned. With a sigh he arose and went to the riverbank and sat on some large rocks and looked at the moon playing on the river water. `Perhaps some music will sooth me' he thought and pulled out his flute. `I hope the river god doesn't come to crush me' he thought with a laugh and began to play. For a few minutes his playing was the only noise along with the soft splash of the river. Soon the prince heard a loud splash and turned to see the most beautiful vision of his young life.

In the river sat a young boy, maybe a few years younger then himself. The boy had hair darker then the night, skin so smooth and pale it made the moon jealous, and eyes such a crystal clear blue you thought you were looking into the boys soul. Kon also noticed that the boy was as nude as a newborn babe. The boy was looking at the flute in Kon's hands longingly. Kon raised the flute to his lips and began to play again, and as the first note played the boy arose from the river and began to dance. His movements so liquid smooth it was like watching water become human. Kon played many songs for the dancing boy who came closer and closer at each note till he was within grabbing distance, which is exactly what Prince Kon did. He pulled the boy onto his lap as soon as he stopped playing. The lack of music broke the trance of the boy and he began to struggle to get free, but Kon put a soothing hand on the boys' side and stomach and made soft whispers to clam the boy. Soon the boy ceased his struggles and turned those eyes to Kon, a silent question in their depths.

"Who are you?" Kon whispered to the boy on his lap.

"I am called Robin" came the voice that sounded like the song of the river birds.

"Why did you come to me?" Kon traced a gentle hand down the side of Robin's face.

"I heard the music" was the whisper as Robin leaned into Kon's touch.

Kon gently pulled Robin's face towards his. He saw Robin's eyes close as they drew closer. He saw Robin's lips part as he
whispered "Kon"

"Kon"

"KON"

CRASH

"Kon its time to get up. You've already overslept, and you need to head to Camdus labs NOW if you don't want to be late," said his guardian.

"Ya, ya. I'm up," He gave a yawn and scratched his side. He shook his head as he got dressed. `Man what a strange dream', he thought and flew out his bedroom window.

 

END PART 1

(1) Jason (RobinII)
(2) Batgirl III
(3) Reasons for the names is cause I couldn't think of anything better

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vision.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.