Actions

Work Header

Finding Their Mates

Summary:

They were there mates.

Work Text:

Mating Rituals 2 - Finding Their Mates.
by Aiden

 

He had felt it the minute Horatio Caine had walked up to them on the scene. He was the one.. his mate. But there was a problem. His mate was a cop, and werewolves didn't trust cops or any human authority for that matter. He put his shades back on to hide the fact that he couldn't take his eyes of off the redhead.

While his mate asked Danny questions, Speed kept glancing at him. Sighing, Speed wondered why his younger brother had to be so wired up all the time. Speed couldn't fault Danny; he was a young whelp, who'd spent a lifetime fighting for the right to exist on this earth. Like everyone else of his race.

"Okay, that's all for now," Horatio told them.

Speed snapped out of his thoughts and stood. "Let's go, Danny." He didn't want to stay a minute longer than was necessary.

Horatio stood also and opened the door for them. "If we have more questions, we will contact you," he addressed Danny.

Just outside the doorway, Speed recognized the cop that had been with Horatio Caine this morning.

"You just let some fucking Weres in here!" someone yelled.

"Don," Mac yelled, "take it easy, will you."

Speed and Danny watched a young man approached them. He was good looking with his dark hair, fair skin and icy blue eyes. Seeing the hate in his eyes, Speed moved protectively in front of Danny. Raising his upper lip and baring his canines, he growled low in his throat. This man was a threat.

"Don, they are not a threat to you or anyone else," Horatio said in a soothing voice, while he walked up to the younger man.

Don glared at Horatio and snorted. "Tell that to my parents and sister!" he yelled.

Speed glanced at Danny.

"Rogue Weres?" the young blond whispered.

Speed nodded. "Probably," he said, sighing. When he started to walk towards the small group, Danny tugged on his sleeve. "Are you crazy? He's going to kill you."

"No, he won't," Speed said.

He approached the group and looked at Don. "I'm sorry for your loss. We have suffered at the hands of the Rogue Weres, too. They are our enemy as well."

Danny, who had moved to stand beside Speed, looked shocked when he met the other man's eyes. "Fuck," he cursed softly. This couldn't be happening, he thought. But his heart said something else. He discreetly sniffed the air, and that's when he knew for sure; this man was his mate.

"What?" Speed asked, turning to his brother. They looked at each other for a few moments, communicating silently. Suddenly, Speed smiled.

"That ain't funny," Danny smirked.

Speed was still smiling when he faced Don again. "We would not hurt you, or anyone else for that matter. We just want to live in peace."

Glaring at Speed, Don turned around and left without a word.

"Give him time," Mac smiled wearily. "Detective Flack is usually not like that.

"You do see that this isn't funny, right?" Danny threw his arms in the air. "I can't believe this is happening to me," he whined. "Of all the people out there, why a cop?"

"What's going on?" Horatio asked.

"Well, you see," Danny started to say, but Speed stopped him with a hand to his arm.

"Nothing, just an inside joke," Speed said, pulling on Danny's arm, "we're leaving now."

"But…but I…," Danny tried to wriggle free from Speed's firm grip. As soon as they were outside, Danny pulled free and faced Speed. "He is supposed to be my mate."

"I know," Speed sighed. "And Horatio Caine is mine."

~.~

"You're kidding, right?" Nick asked Speed. They were all sitting around the living room in the main house.

"No, he is my mate. And Detective Don 'I hate all Werewolves' Flack is Danny's mate."

"This is bad," Warrick stated, frowning.

"Uhm…I'm," Greg babbled, and kept his eyes cast down.

"What Greg?" Nick asked.

"Uhm well, the…you know…" he stammered.

"Greg, spill it," Speed growled.

The young man took a deep breath. "Okay. The stiff looking dude who was with the Lieutenant this morning? He's…"

"Don't tell me," Nick sighed.

Greg nodded his head. "Yep, he is mine."

"You're all sure about this? You all felt the pull towards these men?" Warrick asked, not believing what he was hearing.

All three men nodded their heads at the same time.

"This is not good," Nick said softly.

Danny sat down with a sigh. "They'll never allow us to mate with cops. And Don Flack," he snorted. "He hates us, even if we had nothing to do with what happened to his family."

Nick looked at Warrick, his second in command. "What are we going to do?"

"Talk to them?" Warrick responded.

"Why are you guys assuming that they won't feel the same attraction to you?" Ryan asked suddenly.

Danny snickered. Ryan always had to be the voice of reason.

"Ask them first, you may be surprised." Ryan insisted.

He is right you know," Danny said. "We're assuming that they don't want us even before we talk to them."

"But what if they are married or have girlfriends?" Greg asked. "What if they aren't gay?"

"Man, Greg, don't spoil the fun before it's even started," Danny moaned.

Greg laughed. "Wouldn't it be a big joke if all our mates turn out to be cops?"

They all moaned. "That's not funny, Greg." Warrick smirked.


end part 1

Series this work belongs to: