Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of The Heartbound Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,036
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,213

Slow Steps

Summary:

Just some dinner

Work Text:



Heartbound 4 - Slow Steps
by Aiden

 

Mac walked into the lab, a smile on his face.

Stella walked up to him. "Someone's happy."

"Good morning, Stella," Mac kissed her on the cheek.

"Okay. Who are you and what have you done with the real Mac?"

Mac grinned. "Very funny, Stella."

"So, I gather you met up with him?"

"Yeah, I did and we had a nice talk," Mac replied.

Stella could hear how happy he was, "So just talking for now, taking it slow?"

Mac nodded, "Yeah just getting to know each other."

Peyton walked out of the elevator. "Good morning, Mac."

Watching how Mac's face changed, closed up, Stella silently cursed Peyton. "Good morning, Peyton." When was Peyton going to leave Mac alone.

"Stella," Peyton greeted her. "Mac, are you free tonight?"

"Yes, Peyton, but I'm not going to spent it with you," Mac turned around and walked away.

Stella couldn't help but smile, "To bad," Stella smirked. "I guess you'll have to find yourself a new victim, maybe one of your corpses."

Huffing, Peyton turned and walked back to the morgue.

Aiden laughed as she walked up to Stella. "Okay, what did you say to her this time?"

Stella smiled when she saw her, "Aiden, girl, how are you?" she hugged the younger woman.

"I'm great, how's everyone doing?" Aiden cocked her head. "I saw Mac, he's happy?"

"Yeah. He met this great guy at a crime scene, and fell head over heels for him."

"A crime scene, only Mac," Aiden laughed. "Okay, does this young man have a name?"

"Yeah, Danny Messer," Stella answered.

"Danny-Boy?" Aiden asked, surprised.

"You know him?"

"Yeah, we practically grew up together," Aiden bounced until she realized where the two had met. Frowning, she asked. "Okay, wait. They met at a crime scene. Did something happen to Danny?"

Stella shook her head. "No, your friend stumbled onto a murder victim. The vic was killed in his car, and the car was parked on Mr. Messer's parking spot."

Wincing, Aiden smiled. "Ooh. I bet Danny was pissed. Did he know the guy?"

"You know I can't tell you anything else?" Stella grinned slyly.

"Yeah, I know." Aiden smiled fondly. "So, Danny and Mac, huh?"

"Well, I haven't seen Mac so relaxed and happy in a long time."

"He was practically beaming," Aiden agreed. "But if he hurts Danny in any way, I'll have his head."

Stella knew that her friend meant that; Aiden would go through fire for her friends. "I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that."

"I'll only hope Peyton leaves him alone now. I really don't like that woman." Aiden frowned.

Stella nodded. "That woman is so stubborn; she just can't take no for an answer."

~.~

"I know I said we would take it slow but how about some dinner?" Mac was talking to Danny on the phone.

'Yeah, sure, why not? I know this little place a few blocks from my building, You like Italian, Mac?'

There was a knock on the door, "Mac, it's me."

"Danny, can you hold on for a moment? Come in, Stella."

"Sorry to interrupt. We have a crime scene."

Mac sighed, "I've got to go. How about eight if I can get away on time?"

'Sounds good. Why don't you come over to my place? The restaurant is in walking distance.'

"Okay, I call you if something comes up,"

Stella grabbed the phone from his hand. "Nothing will come up, I'll makes sure of that," Stella flashed her sweetest smile at Mac.

'You must be Stella. Mac's told me about you and I'll already like you,' Danny snickered.

Mac tried to get his phone back but Stella slapped his hand away, "I'll make sure he quits on time to make your date, I promise."

'That's good. Thanks." Danny laughed. "I really wanna meet you.'

"I want to meet you, too," she looked at Mac, an innocent smile on her face.

Mac moaned, "Can I have my phone back?"

Stella heard Danny laughing, 'Someone's inpatient, and you guys have work to do. I'll talk to you later, okay?'

"Yeah, it was nice talking to you, bye," she handed Mac the phone, walking out of the office smiling. She was happy for her friend, and she already liked Danny.

~.~

They were at the restaurant, waiting for there order, and only had eyes for each other.

"I like your friend," Danny said.

"And she likes you."

Danny nodded, "Mmhmm, she is feisty."

Mac smiled, "Yeah."

Someone cleared her throat, "Sorry to interrupt this very interesting conversation."

"That's okay, Gina," Danny smiled at their waitress.

She put down the plates, "Have a nice dinner."

"Thank you, we will," Mac responded, smelling the nice aromas coming from their dishes.

They ate in silence, enjoying the food and each other's company.

Danny put some pasta on his fork, and leaned towards Mac. "You really have to taste this, it's amazing."

As Mac leaned forward, he took Danny's hand and guided the fork to his mouth. He took a bite and was surprised, "This is really good."

"Told you so."

Mac smiled, "Yeah, you did."

"I'm gonna cook for you soon," Danny said.

"You cook?"

"Yeah, I cook." Sounding a little defensive, he continued. "You seemed surprised. I can't walk, Mac, but there's nothing wrong with my hands."

Mac looked down. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I meant, with your work, you still have time to cook?"

Danny blushed a little, "Yeah, if I can find the time, I cook. Though its really not that often."

"I'd really like to get a taste of your cooking," Mac smiled.

They finished their dinner, "That was good," Mac told Gina, when she came over to take their dirty plates.

"Thank you," she smiled. "So, you're his new guy?"

"Gina," Danny hissed, looking down.

"It's about time you found someone. It's not good for you to be by yourself."

Danny started to blush, "Gina, stop it."

"But I'm telling you this, if you hurt him in any way, I'll get your ass and that's a promise," she told Mac with a sweet smile on her face.

"You don't have to worry about that," Mac smiled back, taking Danny's hand, looking him straight into bright blue eyes, "I'm falling for him, hard."

 

THE END.

Series this work belongs to: