Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,523
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,222

Resolutions

Summary:

An epilogue for my Owning Vampires universe. Rupert is worried about getting old and what will happen to his vampires when he dies. They have another idea for him.

Work Text:

Resolutions
by Lilithangel

Rupert watched as his vampires frolicked in the rain. Neither would appreciate the description but there wasn’t another word to describe the wild romping laughter. It had been a hot dry summer and everyone had suffered. The herd and the vampires most of all. When the rain came everyone was ready to celebrate and as soon as night fell Spike and Angel were outside enjoying it. They had been barely wearing anything for months and the chamois soft leather clung to their groins outlining their cocks quite nicely.

Rupert wasn’t wearing much more than they were. The last ten years on the reservation had been physically much more gruelling than he had been used to and his body had toned up well. He knew he looked good for his age and he’d never felt better but he was all the more conscious of his mortality when he watched his vampires play. He wanted to join them but needed to finish the paperwork first and it was better that neither Spike nor Angel saw it.

He was getting older and wanted to ensure the safety of his vampires when he was gone. He planned to leave them to Oz and the tribe in his will. Since they had all been made members of the tribe a few years earlier it was the only way he could think of that his vampires could own themselves. The Sentient Rights movement was gaining strength but he didn’t expect to see it happen in his lifetime, and the last thing he wanted was the Initiative to get their hands on his vampires again.

Even though Spike and Angel were officially dust as far as bureaucracy was concerned Rupert wasn’t willing to take any risks. He hadn’t told them his plans because he knew how much they hated thinking about him aging and dying. It was going to happen though and even if he didn’t think of himself as their owner anymore he was still responsible for them.

Their relationship had deepened into strong bond of love and respect over the years, but Spike still loved to lounge on the floor where Rupert could card through his hair as they read the morning paper and Angel still loved it when Rupert brought out the collars and plugs.

Satisfied that the papers were correct Rupert pushed them to one side and went to join his vampires in the rain.

Two exhausting hours later they tumbled back into the cabin, wet and covered in mud all three were laughing and very much aroused. One of the things Rupert had built into the cabin when they’d been able to afford it was a spa bath large enough for three and a shower room. He set the bath running and they rinsed off in the shower. Hands caressed flesh and lips moved from body to body in a pattern they all knew and never got tired of.

Spike loved being touched, loved being pressed between the other two. Angel loved to kiss, nibbling on lips like they were sweet candies. Rupert just loved the feel of both his lovers, their skin so soft after more years than either would admit to. He loved the way they scented him every time he returned from town, loved the way they marked him as theirs.

After orgasms had taken the edge off they relaxed in the bath wrapped around each other and enjoying the warmth. Finally Rupert climbed out and towelled off, the grumbling of his stomach reminding him to eat. The vampires followed him lazily. Angel joined him in the kitchen and Spike sprawled out on the sofa flicking idly through the channels on the television. It was an idyllic scene they played out as often as they could, all three determined to enjoy the freedoms they had stolen.

Rupert stared out at the stars and realised how nocturnal he had become on the reservation. In the past he’d not seen a lot of the sun, working in the archives of the Council headquarters it was often dark before he surfaced. Now his freelance research work could be done anytime he felt like. Angel and Spike had helped him publish two historical novels under a pseudonym which had been popular enough to allow them to live very comfortably. One had even been made into a movie although Spike objected to the actor playing one of the heroes. He thought William should have been played by a more masculine actor or Johnny Depp. It was a good existence and Rupert wanted to treasure every moment.

“Rupert, what’s this?” Spike stood in the doorway with the papers in his hand.

“Something I was going to talk to you both about after dinner,” he said.

“Looks like you’re planning on giving us away,” Spike said accusingly.

Angel frowned and took the pot off the heat before going to Spike’s side and reading. “This is a will, why are you writing your will?”

Spike’s anger disappeared and was replaced with concern. “What’s wrong love? We would have smelt anything bad on you, what are you hiding from us?”

Rupert sighed and went over to the sofa to sit down. Spike and Angel followed, flanking him on the sofa so he couldn’t escape.

“There’s nothing wrong except that I’m human and won’t live forever,” he said, entwining his fingers with theirs. Angel closed his eyes and Spike pressed up against Rupert in mute denial.

“Not for a long time,” Angel said.

“But it will happen and I want you both protected. The tribe admire you and will keep your secret. Oz is there in case the worst happens and someone finds you. He will legally be your owner/guardian until his death or Sentient Rights get their way and you are emancipated.

“Don’t want to belong to anyone but you and Angel,” Spike said firmly. He stared at Angel and continued. “You don’t have to die you know, we could fix that.”

Angel made a small noise but didn’t disagree. Rupert sat in shock as Spike’s meaning sank in. They wanted to turn him, make him a vampire.

“Shaman here could return your soul before you missed it,” Spike said, “you’d be of Aurelian blood so you’d be strong and not lose any of your smarts.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t say anything,” Angel said, “think about it, we’ve got time. Spike is the last of the Aurelian line, neither of us made childer before we were captured and after it was out of the question. It would be an honour to have you as part of the line.”

“We couldn’t think of anyone we’d rather spend eternity than you,” Spike said, caressing the side of his face.

Rupert was staggered by the implications. In all honesty he’d never thought about the possibility of being turned. If they turned him they’d own him on a deeper level than he’d ever owned them and the thought sent a jolt of arousal through his body. How far he’d come from the man who’d been cajoled into buying two vampires by a slick sales pitch.

But then he’d be with them forever. He’d never walk in the sun again, but how often did he now? He’d falling into a nocturnal world when he’d fallen in love with two vampires and he couldn’t regret that. All the plans he’d put into place for his own eventual demise would protect him as well as Spike and Angel. If he was willing to take the step.

“I’ll need to think about it,” he said.

* * * * *

Rupert walked along the riverbank watching the sun dance across the water. He could hear birds chirping in the trees and on the hill he could see one of the sheep flocks the tribe maintain. Everything he could see and hear existed in the night time world and aside from the warmth of the sun on his face there was nothing that wouldn’t be there when he woke up.

Spike and Angel were waiting for him back at the cabin, but he settled up against a tree trunk to watch the sun drop below the mountain range and paint the sky in azure and gold.

Finally he got back to his feet and returned to his family. Oz and Wesley had agreed to be there to witness his turning. Wesley had taken the longest to accept his choice, but finally admitted he wouldn’t be able to say goodbye to such love either and gave his blessing. The tribal shaman had prepared them all and was confident the gods would grant their request and anchor Rupert’s soul at his turning. Spike and Angel would joint sire him and they would bond in blood the relationship they had forged in love.

He was about to embark on a whole new existence. In a world of blood and senses he’d never known. A world where the moon shone as bright as the sun and the three Aurelius vampires would stand protectors over the tribe that had taken them in and await the day they could walk in safety beyond the reservation.

He didn’t know if it would ever happen but they were safe now and nobody really knew what the future held. It was a decision he knew he would never forget.

 

END