Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
597
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,121

InThe Early Morning

Summary:

Hal, Roy, morning after

Work Text:

 

Ollie's going to kill him, Hal thinks. Ollie's going to drop him at three hundred yards with the sharpest arrow in his quiver. Ollie's going to—as he's heard Roy say—fuck his shit up.

Roy stretches, and Hal's thighs clench as he watches the sheet slide down Roy's chest, past his waist, and settle at the very edge of his hips. It's completely obscene, like so much of Roy is at the core, and Hal wants to lean over and lick.

"You're a perverted old man," Roy mumbles, and turns on his side. The sheet loses the battle, and there's Roy hip, a scar nicking the smoothness of it. Hal gives in, leans over, and licks. Roy groans a quietly and lays on his stomach. "Keep that up, I might let you stay for breakfast."

"I'll cook breakfast," Hal offers. He slides his hand along Roy's ribcage and grins when Roy twitches away from his fingers. "Eggs, bacon, toast, and jam."

"You'd better be saying 'coffee' sometime soon."

"And if I don't?" Hal laughs when Roy swipes at him. "Now, now, any more of that, and there'll be no breakfast at all."

"Liar. Can't send me out into the big, bad world without a hearty breakfast. It'd be heartless."

Hal bites Roy on the shoulder and presses his nose into Roys' hair. He smells of sweat and salt and just a little bit like last night's humid wind. "Fine. Coffee, then."

There's a pause. Hal licks Roy's ear and smiles when Roy rolls over and pulls him down to lie next to him. Roy kisses Hal on the side of the mouth and slides his mouth along Hal's cheek to his ear.

"I heard your knees knocking when I woke up."

"Hmmm?" Hal's distracted as Roy blows in his ear. "Don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, of course not. Big bad Green Lanterns don't shake in their boots when they realize they've just fucked their best friend's ward."

There's a dirty undertone to Roy's voice. It's not quite dangerous, but there's a hint, and Hal turns his head so the sound of it vibrates against his ear lobe. "Maybe you missed it, given the sudden onset of last night's fun and games, but I'm not wearing boots."

Roy chuckles and slides his hands down Hal's back. "Maybe you should. I ever tell you I can undo buckles with my teeth?"

And that's a mental image Hal wasn't planning on having first thing in the morning. It's a nice image, when he has a minute to get used to it. "Is there a kink you don't have?"

"Oh, probably," Roy says lazily.

"Oh, good," Hal responds just as lazily. "I was worried for a minute."

"Sure." Roy rolls out of bed after another minute and stands up for a long, full-bodied stretch. "Breakfast, you said?"

Hal slides across the bed, grabs Roy at the hips, and nips at the base of his spine. "Coffee, right?"

"Yeah." Roy twists out of Hal's grip and heads for the bathroom. He pauses in the doorway, the light from the frosted window next to the toilet making him stand out in silhouette. "You want to hit the showers first?"

Ollie's going to kill him stone dead, Hal thinks. He follows Roy into the bathroom, pushes him against the tiles as the mirror steams up, and slides his tongue into Roy's laughing mouth.

What a hell of a way to go.

 

end