Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
532
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,353

Costumes

Summary:

Summary:  Not what Lex had been expecting Clark to wear for his costume party.
A/N:  Short bit of Halloween drabble.

Work Text:

Costumes
by Sam-Tony

 

"Clark?  What the hell are you wearing?"  
 
Turning to Lex making his way down the wide staircase from the second floor, Clark smiled at the formal tuxedo.  Trust Lex to uphold a sophisticated image even at a Halloween party.  He glanced down at his own 'costume', grinning. "Overalls and work boots?  Don't worry, they're clean."
 
"I'm sure they are.  And that would be...?"
 
"A pitchfork."
 
"Of course it is.  I thought only Lucifer carried around farm implements on Halloween."
 
Clark laughed at the resigned teasing, knowing Lex had been looking forward to whatever costume Clark had picked out for his party.  But between working late at the Planet and an emergency side trip as Superman, Clark hadn't had time to pick up the Ghost Rider ensemble he had reserved on Monday.  
 
"Not Lucifer, Lex, not today.  Just Clark Kent, farm boy.  I thought I would get back to my roots for one night."
 
"Actually, in Metropolis this just might pass for a costume," Lex admitted, eyeing the soft red flannel and obviously worn blue overalls, with the one strap thrown over his shoulder with a certain fondness.  "But what happened to the leather?  Something I can ogle you in joined by the rest of my party guests?"
 
"Because I was - delayed - and missed picking up my costume," he admitted.  "And besides, you're seen me in leather."
 
"I have?"
 
Clark allowed one eyebrow to rise over the smile tugging at his lips.  "How soon they forget."
 
He *knew* how the 'boy scout super hero' leather in dark blue and wine red he wore as Superman affected Lex; which was why he had been going for the ripped jeans and leather bad boy image with the Rider.
 
"But I can't rip those off of you.  Oliver would kill me."
 
Clark laughed.  Knowing how much time and effort Ollie had put into creating an outfit that wouldn't leave Clark blushing, mortified with shame, Lex was probably right.  "Probably.  So what are you supposed to be again?  Vampire without a cape?"
 
"Bond; James Bond," Lex smirked, drawling smoothly,  "Not a bloodsucker, at least not tonight."
 
And at least not *blood*...
 
"But you thought about it.  The vampire I mean."
 
"Of course," Lex admitted easily, favoring him with a sly glance.  "Elegance, menace and sex appeal?  What's not to like?  But since half of the city already thinks I'm a vampire, I figured that might have been a bit redundant."
 
"Not quite half," Clark refuted, trying for innocent and failing miserably.  "And I would have fed you later."
 
Both eyebrows rising, Lex hid the smirk behind a glass of champagne.  "Good to know."
 
"Isn't it?" Clark just smiled, brushing a casual hand over the line of the tux as he drifted off to mingle.  "Oh and Lex?  The flannel you can rip off later," Clark smiled,  "If you want."
 
And then they could go bobbing for...apples.
 
Turning to watch Lex reluctantly move away to mingle with his guests, Clark felt the smile grow and turn a bit evil, hiding it behind his own glass of champagne and already lining up the red leather and devil's tail he planned on wearing to next year's party.  
 

End