Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
257
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,341

Compelling

Summary:

Summary: Always be sure to keep the receipt!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Compelling
by Pirate Turner

 

        "I have our receipt. I'll just take it back and get another one!"

        "You can't just take it back! It's furniture! Besides, you flattened the thing; it's on us!"

        "It shouldn't have gone through like that! I'm telling ya, Kid: It was put together with cheap workmanship!"

        "Buck, ya killed the thing! They're not gonna just take it back!"

        Buck whirled on JD, his face turning an indignant shade of red as his eyes flashed defiantly at his beloved partner. "Is it my fault that you looked so darn compelling -- ?"

        A quiet chuckle broke him off in mid-sentence. He turned quickly to find that the rest of their team had joined them just in time to overhear at least part of their conversation. He didn't know how much they'd heard, but from their silly grins and choked-back laughter, it was clear they'd heard enough to find it humorous.

        "Compelling, huh?" Vin's chuckle grew louder. "Is that what we're callin' it now, Bucklin?"

        Buck fumed as the others laughed. JD grinned bashfully as even Chris' snort erupted into full-blown laughter. Buck threw up his hands as he whirled back on JD. "They're taking the damn bed back," he declared, "or I'll shove it up their butts!"

        As JD watched Buck storm off, Josiah, still guffawing deeply, came up behind the Kid and clasped his shoulder. JD looked from one of his friends to the other, a slow smile tugging at his lips. Finally, even he burst out with a few good chuckles.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.