Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
520
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,147

A Special Breed

Summary:

Summary: A story that proposes the answer to the dilemma Ray faces when Benton licks fungus.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

A Special Breed
by Pirate Turner

        He stared at him for a long moment, drinking in his beauty. Never had he seen, or dreamed of, as fine a specimen of man. His fingers curled in their desire to run through his blonde hair and over his satiny skin. His lips twitched with a will seemingly all their own as he ached to turn his lover's full mouth from an adorable pout to a bright smile.

        He leaned over but, just before he could kiss him, Ray remembered what he was doing and snatched himself back with a yelp. At the hurt that flashed over his partner's face, he quickly tried to explain, "I'm sorry, Benny! I'm sorry! I just can't -- "

        "It's all right, Ray," Benton reassured him in the tone of voice Ray knew he assumed to cover his true feelings whenever they were hurt. "I understand," he continued as Ray silently kicked himself for being so disgusted. "I do. It takes a special breed of man to -- "

        As Benton continued to talk, Ray found himself, as he often did though he'd never admit it, tuning the Mounty out. He was consumed, instead, by the knowledge that he had hurt the man who he loved and who had both saved and risked his life too many times to count. Though Benton thought he hid it expertly, Ray could see it clearly in his blue eyes and hear it in his sultry voice.

        He grimaced as he told himself firmly, {Don't think about it. Just do it.} He leaned in and swiftly, passionately kissed him. He smiled against his open mouth at the shock that registered in his lover's eyes. He focused on his eyes as he kissed him, his tongue twisting in a teasing dance with his.

        His eyes were incredible. They were bluer than the prettiest sky, than the sparkling waters in Florida . . . They were the bluest shade he'd ever seen, so blue that they melted his knees with just one look and had made him feel like singing the first time he'd looked into his eyes. They were truly breathtaking.

        They had also seen fungus up close and personal as Benton licked it with the very mouth that Ray was now kissing. He snatched away with a disgusted holler and wiped his hands frantically over his tongue. "EUUW! YUCK! OH, THANKS SO MUCH, BENNY! NOW WE'RE BOTH GONNA HAVE TO SCRUB OUR MOUTHS!"

        Benton's face fell, and he started to pout again. "Oh, don't you dare give me that! You're the one who put fungus in your mouth!" He shuddered, then peeled away from the curb and sped toward the nearest store with a silent prayer that they'd have a toothbrush and toothpaste.

        Still his lips lingered, and Ray smiled, despite himself, as he glanced at his boyfriend. He knew full well that the fungus had nothing to do with his tingling, and when he got Benton alone again, after their mouths were properly and fully scrubbed, he was going to make him tingle from his head to his toes just as he was now doing!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.