Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
178
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,347

Moonlight

Summary:

Just a little Drabble. You may can tell that it was inspired by The Twilight Zone and Weird Tales. No reaccuring characters.

Work Text:

Moonlight

    The girl looked out at the dark, inviting waters of the secluded stretch of bay shore. A moon path rippled across the surface of the water. She looked longingly out at the sea. She listened to the waves softly slap against the steep beach. The clear sky gave forth a gentle breeze. Even in the warm night, she shuddered, her soft, pale skin unprotected against the tiny breath of air. As she stood there, trying to decide whether to enter the inviting water, she heard a splash and saw a huge ripple in the moon path. She was startled, but leaned down to peer at the wake rushing toward her. A large, scaly, humanoid creature surged out of the water, drenching the girl in salt-spray. She shrieked and fell backwards, her bare bottom thumped on the cool ground. She grabbed a handful of sand and flung it at the nightmarish creature.

    “Asshole! You’re late! I was about to go looking for you!” The creature drooped and she giggled. “Now get over here and gimme some sugar…”