Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
284
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,083

Grunion Jubilee

Summary:

Summary: Jubilee has a bizarre daydream. Kind of a brief Beverly Hillbillies/Generation X crossover.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Grunion Jubilee
by Pirate Turner

 

        Jubilee was walking along the beach when a stranger ran up to her. Sticking his finger in her face, he demanded, "Are you a Grun?"

        "A WHAT!?!"

        "A Grun from the island of Grunion," the tall, muscular young man explained impatiently.

        "'Course I ain't!"

        "You are too!" he insisted, grabbing her up and swinging her over his broad shoulders.

        "Let me down!" she demanded angrily, kicking him in the ribs.

        "Be still! How do ya expect me ta capture ya if'n ya won't be still?!" the stranger demanded.

        She shot fireworks out of her fingers, and to her shock, he grabbed one from the air. "Look at these here flyin' vittles!"

        "NO, DON'T!" Jubilee yelled, but it was too late. He had already popped the firework in his mouth. He exploded from the inside out, and Jubilee fell on her knees on the sand. She thought she heard some one call her name even as little pieces of the hillbilly's insides rained down upon her.

        A pair of blue eyes popped open. Jubilee looked around herself only to find she was still in her algebra class. She shook her head as if to clear her thoughts. {What a strange dream,} she mused silently. {I've seen too many eps o' those Beverly Hillbillies with Rogue an' Hayseed, but I swear that Jethro'll try to eat anything once!}

        "Jubilation?" the cold voice of her teacher brought Jubilee back to the present.

        "Yes, ma'am?"

        "What is the solution to the equation on the board?" Emma Frost demanded icily.

        Jubilee's eyes grew wide at the equation that was spread all the way across the blackboard. {Back to school,} she groaned inwardly.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.