Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
437
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
952

To Tell the Truth!

Summary:

Summary: Kitty finally decides to investigate Pete's claims that Lockheed can talk.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


To Tell the Truth!
by Pirate Turner

 

It was a rather cold Winter day. Lockheed, Katheryne Pryde's pet dragon, had stolen Pete Wisdom's cigarettes once again. Pete Wisdom was chasing Lockheed through the halls of the research facility on Muir Island that served as the private headquarters of Excalibur.

Finally, Pete managed to trap Lockheed in a corner. "Okay, ya bloody flyin' rodent, gimme back my cigs."

"Back off or the cigs bite the dust," declared Lockheed.

Just then, Kitty Pryde unexpectedly phased out of the wall right next to Pete and Lockheed. "So you can talk!"

Lockheed looked at Kitty as if he was innocent.

"Oh, don't give me that, Lockheed! I heard you as clear as daylight!" exclaimed Kitty. "Why did you lie to me?!?"

"I didn't exactly lie," protested Lockheed.

"You didn't exactly tell the truth, either," replied Kitty. "Why are you just now talking? And only to Pete, at that?"

"'Cause he's the only one I've ever really had a problem with," replied Lockheed.

"Problem? What problem do you have with Pete?" asked Kitty.

"I'm jealous of him," admitted Lockheed.

"Jealous? Why? Because he's taking some of my affection away from you?" Kitty inquired.

"Yup," Lockheed meekly replied.

Kitty stroked Lockheed's head. "Lockheed, there is plenty of room in my heart for both you and Pete! I love you both!"

Lockheed grinned. "Love you, too, Kitty!" He purred happily.

"Lockheed, aren't you forgetting something?" asked Kitty.

"What am I forgetting?" Lockheed inquired.

"Give Pete back his cigarettes," Kitty demanded.

"Aw, do I have ta?" Lockheed groaned.

"Yes, you have to," answered Kitty.

Lockheed frowned but dropped Pete's cigarettes at his feet. "There. Ya got lucky. Kitty was here to make me."

"Yeah, well, ya're lucky that she was the one that ended up making ya. 'Cause if she hadn't, I would've and I'd have Fried Dragon for supper," replied Pete.

"Guys, stop fussing with each other and make friends," Kitty directed.

"Thanks, Lockheed," said Pete. "Try not to do it again?"

"No problem," replied Lockheed. "I'll try but I ain't promising."

Lockheed sat on Pete's shoulder. Pete reached up and scratched Lockheed's head. Lockheed purred and rubbed against Pete's cheek.

"And I have an apology to make to you, too, Pete," announced Kitty. "I'm sorry that I didn't believe you when you tried to tell me that Lockheed could talk."

"That's okay, Kitty. I'm not sure I would've believed me, either, if I were you," replied Pete.

Taking a cue from Kitty, Lockheed flew up into the air. Pete smiled and put his cigarettes up. Kitty hugged Pete and kissed him.

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.