Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
386
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,395

Spoilt Meat

Summary:

Summary: Response to 24 hour challenge prompt - make up sex

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Spoilt Meat
by Teddy.
 
Jack sat in his office chair trying not to let the tears fall from his eyes.  Why did she do this tho him.  No one reduced him to tears.
 
Ianto moved around the back of his chair and started to massage his shoulders.  He rolled his head as he felt the muscles begin to relax.
 
"Do you love her?" Ianto asked.
 
Jack stiffened and swung his chair around to face Ianto.  "What?"
 
"You heard me," Ianto replied.
 
"I guess, in a way," Jack said unsure what Ianto was getting at.  
 
"I see,"  Ianto replied and stepped back from Jack.
 
Jack reached out and caught Ianto's hand, stopping him from moving further away.  "Why do you think I am incapable of loving more than one person?"
 
"I meant do you love her like...well, like that?"
 
"Am I attracted to her?  Yes, she is a beautiful woman."
 
"So you'd be pleased if she broke up with Rhys?  You're upset that she choose him over you?"  Ianto asked.
 
"No.  I'm upset because she's my friend and she wants to throw that away.  I've lost too many friends, Ianto.  She could have come to my office and discussed it with me.  Yes, we would have argued and the outcome would probably been the same.  She ran down the whole team in front of us.  She wasn't being asked to make Rhys forget her or for her to forget Rhys.  I could have retconned Rhys without her even knowing, but I gave her the choice."
 
"Just friendship?" Ianto asked.
 
"And her tantrums are starting to get to me.  Maybe I should have retconned her," Jack said.  "She is far too emotional for this job.  I tried to tell her, tried to warn her not to let her emotions interfere with the job."  Jack sighed.  "She got me feeling again when I thought that I had set all that aside.  She made us possible.  I can't wish she hadn't."  
 
Ianto lent down to kiss Jack lightly, but as always it never stopped at that with Jack.  Getting to his feet, they moved towards the hole in the floor of Jack's office where the ladder lead down to his room.  "The others are still here," Ianto told him.  
 
"Owen, Tosh, go home," Jack shouted out to them.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Teddy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.