Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
691
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,219

Birthday Surprise Spoiled

Summary:

Just a little piece for fun. Gil and Nick get time off

Work Text:

Birthday Surprise, Spoiled
by Susie
Susie41694@aol.com

 
Gil and Nick had finally gotten three weeks of vacation time approved at the same time. They had work different shifts for years after they came back from the San Francisco trip, each wearing a simple gold band on the left hand.

The big bug convention that Gil went to almost every year was happening the first week of their vacation time, so they had spent the first week apart while Gil had gone off to play with the bugs and Nick, well, Nick did have his thoughts on Gil.

Yesterday they had both returned from their week apart. After unpacking and dinner, they had spent last night making love. In the morning, Nick and Gil enjoy a relaxing breakfast on their back deck. They are leaning back in the two-person lounger talking quietly.

"So Nick, what did you do all week?" Gil asked in a very relaxed tone, his body touching Nick's.

"I met up with some friends." Nick said, the tone of his voice giving away that he was trying to hide something.

Gil shifted a little so that he could look at Nick's face, "Really?"

"I didn't want to spend the week on sharing you with the bugs and getting the short end of the stick. I know you love this convention and hanging with that group of friends. This just gave us a little time away. And we always make up for it." Nick leaned towards Gill who met him with a kiss.  

"So what did you do?" Gil tried to make the sound of his voice just the tone of normal talk but Nick could hear the tone change.

"We hung out at a cabin." Nick's body language shouting out to Gil, I'm hiding something.

"Should I be worried?" Gil let the question hang in the air for a moment, "you with a bunch of guys in a cabin all week." Another long pause, "and you're not saying really anything about it. Should I be worried?"

At that Nick sat up and locked eyes with Gil, "First, I can't believe you're asking that! You are my one and only." Nick flashed his ring at Gil, "Second, I never said it was guys!" Nick took a few deep breaths to calm himself down a little. "And third, you always have to spoil my birthday surprises for you!"

Nick jumped up and went inside returning with a box, "Here is your birthday gift," as he pushed the box into Gil's hands. "I was with a bunch of women and we spent the week scrapbooking. Do you know how hard it was to arrange with your friend, Cox, to get pictures of things, your friends and you at the convention? Every night he down loaded them to a site for me to use the next day. He even got a goodie bag and FedEX it to me. Do you know what an issue that was? And making sure you would stay the two extra days to give me time to finish it up." Nick had rambled on while Gil just held the box and waited. His voice raised just a little bit more "Well, open it. What are you waiting for?"

Gil smile and in a quiet and loving tone spoke, "Two things."

Nick let out a deep calming breath and asked in a soft voice, "what two things?"

Gill continued in the same quiet loving tone, "First was for you to calm down." Gil reached out and ran one hand down Nick's cheek, "and second is for my birthday, next week."

With that, Gil sat the box on the end of the lounger and pulled Nick into a kiss. The two of them kissed for a few minutes until both were totally in a calm and loving mood once more.

"Please Gil open it now."

"You sure?"

"Yea, first, we can leave it here instead of risking it being lost or something on the cruise and second, it will free up more space in the suitcases.  They move so that Gil could open the box and then they sat close together and looked at the scrapbook of the bug convention.

 end