Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-08-20
Words:
1,061
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,938

Untitled Batman POV #2

Summary:

Batman thoughts on why he left the tower before the JLA had finished voting on whether of not to keep him in the League. Some what based on Tower of Babel, after this ficcie I'm leaving established territory to a more AU of the DCverse.
Pairing: Supeman/Batman, well Batman knows he's head over heels for Superman
Archive: Anywhere. *digs toe into soil shyly* That is if you really want it.
Author's Notes: Yes only part A. Why? Because I'm Evil that way.
Disclaimer: Neither Superman nor Batman belong to me *sad sigh* they belong to DC

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Untitled Batman POV #2a
by J.D.

 

I wait.

In the next room my teammates are deciding my fate in the JLA, but I already know it.

I saw it in His eyes.

He no longer trusts me. He no longer smiles his bright, joy filled smile at me whenever we meet. His expression is blank. His eyes, they hold such fear.

Fear!

He fears me.

He never feared me before. Never!

I saw his face when he faced that piece of red kryptonite again. I saw such terror in his face. Such pain in his bright blue eyes. Such confusion, like that of any innocent, not understanding why someone who he cared for would cause him such pain.

Damn you Talia. Why did you use it on him?

I don't even know if he cares for me anymore.

I feel numb. I caused this. It was my research and imagination that produced that red kryptonite. Its all my fault. I can't wait anymore. Even if the others voted me to stay I wouldn't be able to stand seeing the fear and uneasiness in him.

My courage breaks and I leave the JLA moon tower.

I use the teleporters to go home.

This dark cave, the home of the Bat. No sunlight had ever touched its stone walls. Except that held within Clark, that amazing power of light he uses for all.

How would I ever explain to him why I researched the properties of kryptonite.

How can I explain that even if he turned insane and homicial, like Hal, that I would never be able to kill him. That I can't stand the thought of him dead.

That's the real reason why I researched that krytonite. I wanted something that would be able to take him out without killing him. I wouldn't be able to survive if I had to ever kill him.

I'm sorry Clark.

I didn't know.

 

TO BE CONTINUED