Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
295
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,257

Untitled companion piece to Untitled Batman POV 1

Summary:

It's what is happening to Superman during Untitled Batman Pov 1.
Warning: Angst, based on Tower of Babel. Also it is unbetad again. I'm begining to think I'm phobic.
Disclaimer: Neither Superman nor Batman belong to me *sad sigh*
Archive: Anyone can post it. *digs toe into soil shyly* That is if you really want it.

Work Text:

Untitled, companion piece to Untitled Batman POV 1
by J.D.

 

"Superman! I did this to you!"

Superman silently screams as nausea, and bone deep agony lashes his body. His mind barely acknowledges Batman's frantic call. He feels his skin turning transparent, the red-angry luminescence from the changed kryptonite ignited an incredibly crippling pain in to the very cells of his existence.

No, his mind chants. No!

Superman rarely faces injury. Only when the odds are difficult or a fight is long and onerous enough to deplete his tremendous energy does he ever face any torment.

But this, this attack is sudden and without preamble. No blows were exchanged, no agenda declared. Just one swift onslaught.

Superman can feel his muscles, now exposed to direct sunlight burn and scorch! Magma is being poured into his core with all the pain and heat the crimson blood of the earth holds.

Superman, no Clark, for he feels as helpless as a normal being, fights the overwhelming urge to lose consciousness. To give in to the sweet and pain free state being offered in the arms of Death's evanescent sibling, Dream.

No, please, begs a small corner of his mind. Please, stop, stop, stop, stop STOP!!!

Stop. Bruce, please make it stop. please please.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, whatever I did. I'm sorry...

Just make it stop......so much pain. It hurts too much.

What did I do?! What did I do to you?! Why do you want to hurt me Bruce?

I can't stand it! Bruce please.

Help me!

Bruce, Bruce, BRUCE, the voice screams in terror, in pain.

Bruce, it whispers before finally falling silent.

Superman, Kal-El, Clark had lost the battle, his will to fight broken from within, and succumbed to Dream's domain.

 

The end