Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,700
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,243

Chilly Down

Summary:

Summary: Leo comes home only to hear the voices of enemies within the Manor, but is everything as it seems or is some one playing games with the White Lighter?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Chilly Down
by Pirate Turner

 

Blue lights appeared in the foyer. They swirled continousally round and round until a figure appeared; the lights faded as he materialized. Green eyes swept the foyer only to find no sign of any of the Charmed Ones. He began to reach out to his wife's signature when he heard them; he froze instantly, his paniced eyes quickly scanning for any sign of the dreaded creatures.

When the sun goes down (when the sun goes down)
And the bads are back again (and the bads are back)
The brothers come'round (the brothers come'round)
I get out of my dirty bed (my dirty bed)

He could find no sign of them, and his concern instantly went to his family. Were the Charmed Ones facing the fiery, little Demons even then? Not daring to close his eyes for fear that they might jump him at any second, he reached out, searching for their signatures. The only one in the Manor was his wife, and she was in the kitchen. He began to cautiousally walk toward the kitchen, his eyes frantically sweeping his surroundings with each new step. He swallowed hard as the voices continued.

I shake my pretty little head (I shake my pretty little head)
I tap my pretty little feet (I tap my pretty little feet)
We're brighter than sunlight
Louder than thunder
Dancing like a yo-yo, wooh

He grimaced as the last line of their song took his mind back to another time. He had just been a beginnier then and actually been foolish enough to smile at the silly thought. Thinking that he might find his charge there, he had followed the voices only to find one of the most terrifying sights he had ever borne witness to. Even after all these years, the memory was still fresh in his mind.

Don't got no problems (no problems)
Ain't got no suitcase (no suitcase)
Ain't got no clothes to worry about (no clothes to worry about)
Ain't got no real estate or jewelry or gold mines binding me, yeah

Piper! What if she had already encountered the Fieries? What if she was . . .? What if she had . . .? He could not bare to think the horrible thought that formed the lump in his throat. {No,} he told himself, checking her signature again as he quickened his pace, {she's all right. Maybe she hasn't found them yet.}

I'll just throw in my hand (throw in his hand)
In the chilliest bunch in the land (in the land)
They don't look much (oh)
They sure chilly chilly
They party till they glow glow, huh (oh)

That part of their song was true enough. They didn't look to be a threat. Indeed, at first glance, they only appeared to be strange, crazed party animals, but Leo knew that they were completely evil. Piper didn't though, he realized and broke into a jog. As he neared the kitchen, he realized that the Fieries' voices were coming from there, but what caused his face to go pale was the sound of his wife's beautiful voice singing along with their silly song.

Chilly down with the fire gang
Think small with the fire gang
Bang hips with the fire gang
When you think it's wild
Chilly down

He broke into a run and burst into the kitchen only to find Piper dancing madly as she gazed into the oven, her back turned to him. "Piper?" he asked worriedly, his eyes sweeping the kitchen for any sign of the Fieries.

She lifted a cake from the oven and turned to face him. Her brow creased in concern as she saw the worry on his face. "What is it, Leo?" she asked.

"Where are they?"

"Where are who?" she asked, clearly confused.

"Them!" Leo exclaimed as they continued to sing. "The Fieries!"

Chilly down with the fire gang (Hey, I don't want a job)
Act tall with the fire gang (woah, walk tall)
Good times, bad food (yeah)
When you think it's wild
Chilly down, chilly down

Piper could only stare at her husband in shock. "What?" he asked. "Don't you hear them?" When she chuckled, her brown eyes dancing, he exclaimed defensively, "I know I'm old, Piper, but I'm not crazy!"

"Honey," she said gently, setting the cake down on the counter and walking to him, "I never said you were." She then pointed at something in the corner of the kitchen, and his gaze followed her pointing finger only to see a radio. Leo looked questioningly back at his beloved wife, and she shrugged. "What can I say?" she asked. "Sometimes a girl just needs to unwind, and there's nothing better for me to unwind with when you're not here than cooking and Labyrinth."

"Labyrinth?" Leo repeated incredously. "You mean . . . you know?"

"Know what?" she asked, confusion once more creasing her forehead.

"The Fieries . . ."

"You mean . . . " she spoke slowly, having trouble understanding that such crazy creatures could actually be alive, " . . . they're real?" He nodded gravely. "So you thought they were actually here at the Manor?" Relief and embarrassment were already beginning to flood him when she reached up and stroked his cheek. "Leo, everything's fine," she assured him, looking up into his eyes. "It's just a soundtrack."

Wild and crazy, really lazy, high rollin', funky strolling, ball playing
Hips swaying, trouble making, boody shaking, dripping, passing, jumping
Bouncing, brawling, stylin', creeping, pouncing, shouting, screaming
Double-dealing, rock-n-rolling, and oh reeling
With the max in sex appeal
Can you think I grew with feeling?

"You look so scared," she murmured in concern as she closed the space between them and brought her body to be standing right next to his. "What's wrong?"

"Piper, I . . ."

Leo tried unsuccessfully to find the words to tell her, but they were not needed as she could read his eyes as well as she knew her own thoughts. "You fought them once, didn't you?"

He nodded slowly. "That's . . . not all. It . . . it was one of my first missions. A Witch got lost in the Underground, and I was sent to find her."

"Sarah?" Piper asked.

"No. She was neither the first nor the last to find her way into the Labyrinth." Piper nodded her understanding, and he continued. "When I found her, they had . . . "

When her husband's handsome face grew ashen, the realization hit Piper, sending cold chills sweeping through her body. "They took her head off, didn't they?" He again nodded and swallowed hard. She had always thought that the Labyrinth and its creatures were only fantasy. To find out that they were real was shocking enough, but this? To find that something she had once thought was only in fun was so dangerous was pure terrifying.         Although she hid it visibly, Leo knew her as well as he knew himself and knew that she was spooked even as she tried to comfort him. "Leo," she said solemnly, the music forgotten for the moment though it continued to play, "it's okay." She caressed his cheeks and tenderly stroked his hair as she assured him, "Nobody's going to take off your head or mine. We're safe. Well," she paused, hesitated, and then had to admit, "as safe as we ever are being what we are."

"And thank Them for that," Leo said as he gently brushed his lips over his wife's. His strong arms gently encircled her waist, and he pulled her closer as he fought silently to put the awful memories behind him.

So when things get too tough (get too tough)
And your chin is dragging on the ground (dragging on the ground)
And even down looks up (down looks up)
Bad luck
We can show you a good time (show you a good time)
And we don't judge nothing (nothing at all)

"Leo . . . I know this isn't the time, sweetheart," Piper asked, "but is everything in the Labyrinth real?"

He nodded but then grinned as he realized what she was hinting at. "Yes, Jareth exists, but no, I am not wearing those tights pants."

She fluttered her eyes at him as her lips lifted up into the smile that always made him go weak in the knees. He didn't know how she did it, but that particular smile always seemed to him to be both innocent and guiltily beguiling at the same time. Her body rubbed suggestively against his as she leaned closer into his lips, her pleading eyes searching his, and breathed huskily against his lips, "Not even for me?"

"Well, maybe for you . . . " he relented slowly as their lips touched again.

Just strut your nasty stuff
Wriggle in the middle, yeah
Get you down talking, fire gang

Their kiss began gently, but its passion soon grew. Their tongues slipped into one another's mouths in deep, heated explorations as Piper's hands roamed her husband's body, caressing his skin through his clothes as if they could rub away the horrid memories. Slowly, they parted, and even as he began to speak, she cradled the rising bulge in his khaki pants. "I only regret," he breathed, "that I don't have a Jareth costume to put on right now."

"I don't want Jareth," Piper whispered in return as her right hand moved back up to lovingly caress his cheek. "You're the only one I want, Leo, and you know that." She shrugged and grinned mischeviously up at him. "I'd just like to see you in pants that tight, and I already have a pair."

Leo's eyebrows rose suggestively. "How about I go try them on?"

"I thought you'd never ask," Piper practically purred before they turned as one and dashed toward the stairs.

Chilly down with the fire gang (think small)
Think small with the fire gang (bang)
Bang hips with the fire gang (hey, listen up)
When you think it's wild
Chilly down
Chilly down with the fire gang (ah, shake your pretty little head)
Let's go with the fire gang (tap your pretty little feet)
Good times, bad food (come on, come on)
When you think it's wild
Chilly down
Chilly down with the fire gang (wooh)
Think small with the fire gang (ha ha ha ha ha)
Bang hips with the fire gang


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.