Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
536
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
977

Playing with the Bat

Summary:

Summary: While spending the night at Catwoman's, Batman is awakened.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Playing with the Bat
by Pirate Turner

Two piercing blue eyes flew open in the dark room only to come face to face with a pair of tiny green eyes. The man arched a single eyebrow at the kitten, and it quickly scampered off of his bare chest. His eyes started to close again but flew back open before they could even shut completely as he felt various parts of the bed bobbing up and down. His head raised from his pillow, and his expert scanning gaze did not have far to travel before it spotted the small, furry figures jumping up and down on the bed. His blazing glare made the cats calm again, and he shut his eyes once more.

He had no sooner began to fall back to sleep when he felt the bed moving again and then sensed eyes upon him. His blue eyes flew open once more. Looking upward, he saw two gleaming eyes staring down at him as the cat arched in the beginning stages of a pounce. Before the Bat could even move, the cat leapt, but a single, stern shake of his head and a menacing glare set the cat to changing position in mid-air. Batman's eyes widened in wonder as he watched the cat actually reverse in the very air above his head, sail back up, and return to the headboard. Stifling a sigh, Batman closed his eyes and again attempted to return to sleep.

When the shaking of the bed and the movements in the room caused Batman to open his eyes a third time, he again found himself staring up at yet another cat. He shot another glare at the mischievous feline, but this cat dared to leap nonetheless. He started to turn but stopped when he saw the cat change direction. Instead of reversing like the one before it had, the latest cat landed on top of Catwoman's naked chest. Batman watched as his lover scooped the cat into one arm and turned over, murmuring softly to it the entire while but never once waking. He shook his head in disbelief.

The steely gaze of the Batman watched the cats' antics for a few more minutes, but when he saw that they had no intention of calming down and that Catwoman was not going to awaken to handle her children, he finally sighed and turned over himself. He should have been used to all of her cats and their playful attempts and games while the humans slept, but he just could not seem to make himself used to handling them . . . and had yet to learn how to deal with them at night other than simply ignoring them. His strong arm wrapped gently around Catwoman's slender waist. He curled up against her back as he pulled her to him and snuggled her luscious form in close to his hard chest. His nose buried into her delicious, silky hair, and he closed his eyes for one final time that night. Even as the felines continued to play all around him, mercilessly bouncing the bed, Batman knew that all the cats in the world were a small price to pay for the woman he loved.

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.