Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
518
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
4
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,180

Untitled

Summary:

Summary: He broke it off

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Untitled
Julie A. Richards

 

He walked along the beach, the afternoon sun drifting lower and lower to the horizon.  It was decidedly wonderful to be in a place where you could watch, not only the sunrise, but the sunset, over the water.

**
"It's what I do.  It's who I am.  It's 24/7/365, you know that.  You knew that before our first date."

"I know, Tony... but... "

"You're a doctor.  You know the demands your position puts you in.  But I know it's what you do; I know it's who you are.  I *knew* that when I first met you.  I love your dedication."

"I know, Tony, I know. But your job is so dangerous.  I mean, since we've been together, just a year, *one year*... you've been shot, drugged, kidnapped, held hostage... I... I just can't... I just can't handle it.
"I'm sorry, Tony.  I'm so sorry."
**

It was the best relationship he'd ever had. ... He'd been significantly hesitant to accept the doctor's serious flirting, but... Tony was only human.  Despite appearances, Anthony DiNozzo was pretty much all smoke and mirrors when it came to his frat boy-jock-skirt chaser reputation.

Tony had spent years perfecting it.  Oh, sure, he'd been out with a lot of women. A lot. But he was a real gentleman about it, something that would throw several of his coworkers, making sure they all had a great time and them dropping them off at their door with nothing more than a chaste kiss.

He knew many people thought him to be sex on a stick, but he also knew that they would all be shocked to find out that most of his sexual gratification came from his own hands.

Tony wasn't a virgin, at least with women, but his view of sex and love was a bit dysfunctional given things from his pre-adulthood.

He also knew that he was far more attracted to those of his own gender than females.  ... When he'd had such a strong reaction to Voss, it should have set off his internal alarm bells.  He should have known "she" wasn't what "she" appeared to be.

At any rate, he'd fallen... not incredibly hard, but hard enough to actually think things with Eric Stridder, doctor of Emergency Medicine at Bethesda, might work after all.

And then Eric...

Eric had broke it off.

Tony had driven around for a few hours before going home to his empty apartment and spending a restless few hours not sleeping before going in to work.  After a week of trying to work, with his co-workers constantly asking if he was alright, he'd requested vacation time.

One of his schoolmates had a place on Key Largo and when Tony called him about accommodations there, Fred had offered him the use of the cottage for a week and Tony had taken him up on it.

So, after the better part of four days, Tony was still hurting but he was healing and thinking that he could at least deal with NCIS now.  And, given enough time, maybe he'd be able to deal with everything else.

 

Julie

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Julie A Richards.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.