Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Destined
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,549
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,582

Destined 2: Dances with Wolves

Summary:

Summary: Takes place during Four to Doomsday. The Doctor states his intentions in the most Time Lord of ways. Not that he likes the idea very much.

Work Text:

Destined 2: Dances with Wolves
By warinbabylon

Tegan jumped as the door to the TARDIS opened. She had been locked in the floating world in a box for hours. It had materialized not in the preordained interior room on the spaceship that it now flanked, but outside, almost in orbit around the massive ship. She was alone until the Doctor tumbled in and stumbled to the console. he reached out to adjust the coordinates of the machine. She turned her back on him, crossing her arms over her chest. She had done as he had asked, and look where it had landed her. With a groan, she held up her hand as he tried to talk to her.

"No."

"Tegan…"

"No…I listened to you and look…"

"You are unharmed."

"No thanks to you."

"If you would stop arguing for once…"

"If you would stop being so reckless…" she spat back, facing him. He squinted as she faced him. His squinted stare was intense, but she tried to ignore it. This is the same, she thought viciously, as it had been for the last two weeks. He would make a comment, she would make one back, time would go on and someone would start yelling at the other. It would take Nyssa to break them up. But Nyssa was not there.

Drawing up to her full height, still a head and some shorter than he, she squared her jaw and returned his squinted stare. "And don't start my arguing again. I did exactly as you told me to. I took Nyssa into the TARDIS; I tried to draw their attention off of you. Nyssa set the delayed dematerialization to bring the TARDIS to Bigon's room. And we dodged out…trying to keep the…"

"Tegan."

"…to keep the Urbankians out. But…she…the, I think its name was Enlightenment …came around the corner and I had to shut the doors…and then the TARDIS ended up out here…and I was…I tried…it was no use…" she continued, but the Doctor was striding toward her. Wary of him and his actions in the last few days, she backed up against the roundeled wall.

"Quiet, Tegan. Calm down. We'll get nowhere if you lose your head. "

"Quiet? Now I am locked in a TARDIS with no way out with a madman."

"Madman? Are you sure?" he asked, approaching her. When her back was against the wall, he gripped either shoulder. "Tegan…when have I ever harmed you?"

"You haven't needed to…it's the intent I wonder about…" she spat, lifting her chin defiantly.

"Intent, is it? Really, to have this discussion, now…Tegan, we need to get back to that ship. I can debate this subject later." He bent at the waist, trying and failing to reassure her. When her wide brown eyes narrowed, he sighed. "Please, Tegan."

She stared back at him. "Fine. I don't expect any thing of the type, though. All I want is Heathrow."

"And you will get Heathrow, I promise," he bowed and back away from her to turn to the controls. With a sigh, he reached under the console and pulled something that Tegan would have thought was a circuit breaker or a small hourglass out and pocketed it.

He began to move around the console to input coordinates as she crossed, uncrossed and recrossed her arms over her chest. Although she knew that it was not in her best interest, and she did try to stop herself, she called out: "Ha!"

The Doctor bit his lip and threw back his head and turned to face her. He appeared angry, very angry. She backed away and held up her hands for a second time. "Look…I want to help Nyssa as well…let's just get back…"

He advanced on her, backing her into one of the oblique corners of the console room. "Why." He stated heavily, his hands held down at his sides, "why is it you, Tegan? Nyssa, at least, would understand. Nyssa is at least…pleasant to be around."

"What?" she asked genuinely confused. His voice was low and dark, almost…overbearingly so…it was against what she knew of him so far.

"Why is it you? Hmm? Why couldn't it be anyone else? You are argumentative and stubborn beyond the likes of anyone else I have ever known."

Tegan thrust her chin out. "And you are the most infuriating man I have ever met."

His lips became a solid, thin, white line. She wondered what whirling thoughts were flying about in that computer-like mind of his. "That is what makes this situation all that much more of a chore."

"A chore?" Tegan spat back, crossing her arms over her chest. "If you would just put me back where you found me…"

His hands landed on either side of her head against the roundeled wall. "I am…trying…" he grit out.

The Doctor felt the pull, felt the need to initiate the contact that he had been dreading these last few weeks. The genetic triggers inherent in his biodata wrapped around his mind and drug him close to her. He wanted to deny it. She was human. Terran. She wouldn't understand what the act was, what the act meant to him. It was, as he was educated to know, much different from what humans considered the act to mean. But he was powerless against his genetic weavings. He leaned into to kiss her, marking her, announcing his intention through action as every other Time Lord and Gallifreyan had for the last million years or so.

She opened her mouth to answer him, staring defiantly up at his blue eyes, when suddenly those eyes grew closer, filled her field of vision. She leaned her head back, but the wall stopped her progress. She opened her mouth, but he stopped her by lifting his chin, grabbing her chin with a shaky hand and spearing her with a harder glance. "I am 900 years old, Tegan. I'm a Time Lord. And because of you, because of your youth as well as the influences of Nyssa and Adric, I now look no older than a man of 30 years old. Because of you, I am on edge. I don't like this as much as I know you will hate it, but I am powerless to fight against genetic programming and the power in imprinting."

"Doctor…"

He groaned and leaned in, his tall form bending slightly, as he pressed his lips against hers.

Tegan sounded out a sigh of disbelief and surprise. Her open lips were an invitation that he took, sealing his lips around hers and easing his tongue between her lips. She was too stunned to do much else other than allow his intrusion. It was harsh, hard, and angry… and then…as she began to feel dizzy and she looped her hands on his arms to keep her from tumbling forward…it became less so, easier, fluid and more of dance.

It had been a long time since anyone kissed her with the passion and the honesty that the Doctor used. She could feel a slight trembling in his mouth, in his hand, in the touch of his lips. Her lips opened, wanting to be close to the bare honesty of want/need in the kiss…close to the essence of the man that was kissing her. Closer to the man…that wasn't a man. Closer that the man that was her only possible link to Earth. It was plain to feel that he wanted her, or at least wanted to kiss her, no matter what his words said. Her hands looped over his broad shoulders.

Without thinking, Tegan nibbled his lower lip as he drew her upper one between his lips and worried at it equally hard with his lips. They breathed each other for a moment, playing tag with lips and tongues and then he pressed her harder into the wall, his hands
falling to her shoulders and curling around the nape of her neck. He was everywhere on her, she thought. She could feel his tongue begging for entrance, could feel his hands tightening on her skin, could feel the fluid grace of his kiss against her lips and she was lost.

His lips moved insistently, letting his tongue explore in her mouth. His fingers curled into the smoothness of her skin. She was so soft, he thought with a groan. He could smell her: could smell the shampoo on her hair, the sweet aura of flowers that clung to her clothing.
His mouth tasted coffee and cream and the blandness of her lipstick. It was all heightened by his hormones. The hormones that raced through bloodstream that demanded action, that demanded to be close to her. Her…not Nyssa, not Romana. Tegan. When her fingers curled slightly into his muscles, and she began to return his kiss with equal passion, he moaned…

…and quickly pulled away.

Her eyes were closed, and, he noticed, glancing down at her mouth, her lips were wet and swollen. He resisted the urge to lean in again.

He licked his lips and waited until she regained some sense and opened her eyes. And then he saw the fear there…

The Doctor dropped his hands from her and she quickly edged around him. He heard the smack of her heels on the floor as she literally ran for the interior door and the sanctity of her room. One of the few rooms in the TARDIS that locked.

"Earthlings," he grunted. And groaned.

 

END

Series this work belongs to: