Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
460
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
906

Tears In Heaven

Summary:

Summary: Music Video. Spock questions Kirk. Kirk answers. Thanks for sending me the lyrics, Fizzbin.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Tears in Heaven
by Omega

 

 

<Fade-in>
Spock is at his ancestral estate on Vulcan. He is wearing a white robe similar to the one he wore on Mount Seleya. He leans on a stone wall that surrounds a lush garden, a green oasis in an otherwise red and dry world.

Grief and unspeakable pain are etched on his no-longer impassive face. His eyes glisten with unshed tears. While gazing at the numerous stars, he starts to sing. Unknown to him, the one he's singing to can hear.

//Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on,
'cause I know I don't belong here in heaven.//

He reaches up and wipes his eyes, his fingers trembling.

//Would you hold my hand if I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand if I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day,
'cause I know I don't belong here in heaven.//

Spock bows his head, assaulted by memories. We see them. We see him walking the corridors of the Enterprise, Kirk at his side. Kirk laughing and teasing him. Spock's face is impassive but there is quiet joy in his eyes. We see them on the Observation deck, enveloped in one another. We see the horror on Kirk's face as Spock dies in the antimatter chamber. We see the joy on his face as Spock is reborn. We see the confusion on Spock's face and the dawning intelligence as he remembers what he and Kirk were to each other.

Spock straightens his head, allowing the tears to flow down his face.

//Time can bring you down.
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
have you begging please, begging please.//

Once more, he gazes at the stars. The stars that had guided him and Kirk together. The stars that had thrown them apart. Yet, he seems to be more at peace.

//Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more tears in heaven.//

Spock turns and slowly walks away. He suddenly turns and sings to the stars again.

//Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?//

We hear a second voice, unmistakably Kirk's.
*Yes.*

Spock raises his head, shock and hope warring on his face. We hear Kirk's voice again.
*Yes.*

Spock continues singing.
//I must be strong and carry on,
'cause I know I don't belong in heaven.//

We hear Kirk for the last time.
*I await thee....*

We watch while Spock walks way. But his burden doesn't seem to be so heavy anymore.
<Fade-out>

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Omega.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.