Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-09-14
Words:
856
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
2
Kudos:
13
Hits:
2,199

Interrupted Nap

Summary:

Characters: Don, Dragon (OFC - Original Feline Character)
Rating: FRK, PG
Summary:  Don has unwelcome visitors.
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer: Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: There will be three drabbles in this series.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text



Interrupted Nap
by IrenaAdler

 
The first thing that Don was aware of was Dragon patting his face. With his claws. Don grumbled, an act made difficult by the fifteen pounds of Maine Coon sitting on his chest. It was the middle of the afternoon and he was at home, in bed. He'd finally fallen asleep after being forcefully sent home, after 70 hours straight on a difficult case. It had taken him forever to get to sleep, images of their serial bomber filling his mind, but he finally had. Now one of his normally laid-back cats was waking him up.
 
"Dragon, what the—"
 
Don froze.
 
The cracking-breaking sound came again.
 
Don sat up slowly and Dragon jumped off. Don grabbed his gun and cellphone and crept towards the sound. It was coming from a little-used bedroom and was definitely breaking glass.   No one was in the room, but he could see movement through the curtains. He turned and went out the front door, then slipped into the backyard.
 
Around the corner Don saw what had to be the two dumbest wannabe burglars ever. In broad daylight, they had broken part of a double pane window and were trying to pry it out with their bare hands. They were leaving clear fingerprints and even a little blood. Don lowered his gun and stared at them in astonishment. Definitely not pros. They were young white guys with shaved heads, T-shirts and shorts, and they were letting Don stand here and watch them. They were so focused on their work that neither was acting as lookout. Don had no idea what they were hoping to find inside – if they managed to get through the window without slicing off a finger – but they didn't even have a bag.
 
Disgusted and annoyed, Don snapped, "What are you doing?"

end