Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
439
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,140

A tale from the heart

Summary:

Pairing : none
Rating : G
Author Note's : Any and all drabbles and poems I send out would make me and my muse happy if anyone would like to add to it or make a story of it or just make a WP. Just feel free to run with any and all. But most of all PLEASE have FUN!!!
Disclaimer : Mine
Archive : yes if you want take just let me know that's all I ask and I'm easy too
Beta: Just me and spell check
Summary : none
Spoiler : none
Fandoms: I don't put any fandom as I think ( and I could be wrong )that my poems and ficlets will fit anyone of them.
Feedback: Is good I like feedback and it makes my muse dance and chase plot bunny's

Work Text:

 

A tale from the heart
by sablerose2

 
A chill is in the air and the leaves are turning on the trees and darkness  comes to soon.

What's that noise?

What's that sound?

Yelling screaming all over town.

Things running here and there begging, pleading for just a little more.

What's that sound?

What's that noise?

It's coming from my door.

Should I run?

Should I hide?

NO!

They won't take me by surprise!

Standing here my hand on the door one deep breath, well maybe just one more.

I'm standing tall, I'm standing brave, no fear at all as I slowly open up that door.

I see standing before me creatures of the night, goblins, trolls  vamps  galore  and  witch's too.  Oh no what more a fairy princess and a knight so true all smiling up at me.

So what could I do?

But put on a brave face and stand my ground as all around a great sound did come to my ears.

" TRICK OR TREAT!! "

" Please give us something good to eat!! "

I stood my ground and did pass around all the sweets I could, as I went to shut my door a lone voice I did hear and looking down what did I see? But the tiniest ghost I every did see just standing there looking up at me.

What could I do?

What could I say?

Looking at the sheet that drug the ground and two blue eye's looking up and lisped in a soft sweet voice " trick or treat "  was spoke to me.

What could I do?

Don't you see that little ghost was once me.

What did I do, I hear you ask, the only thing I could. I put a peace or two of candy that I had in hand I put in his little sack then sent him on his way and with a smile and a bounce and a " Thank you "  oh so sweet he ran to his mother and as they headed for the street, I heard him say " It's OK I'll share them with my little sister as I know that she is sick and stuck in bed, but this will make her better. "

I called him back that little ghost and dumped all the candy I had left.

Now that I've brought a tear to your eye with my little tale just remember that the Sprite of the season and the turning of time should never turn your heart to stone as there are wonders all around.

In the face of a new born babe and the smile from a wrinkled face it's all in how you view your place.

 

end