Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-07-18
Words:
16,437
Chapters:
14/14
Comments:
18
Kudos:
29
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
10,046

Legacy

Summary:

Mike drops by Vicki’s office feeling weird. What is wrong with him?

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Title: Legacy I
Author: BELOVEDbyWAR
Rating: PG
TV verse: Blood Ties
Disclaimer: Not mine, not making any money.
Summary: Mike drops by Vicki’s office feeling weird. What is wrong with him?
AN: Thanks to my wonderful beta luvinmike!
WK: 970

Chapter Text

Legacy:

He did not know what was wrong with him, but everything was spinning and the world came in and out of focus in ever increasing irregularity.

Nearly there! Only a few more steps.

Whoosh!

Ow, that had been the door.

Hearing a loud thud on the front door, Coreen got up to investigate its source and was almost flattened by the big shape of one Detective Mike Celluci, who had been leaning against the door and now stumbled in, nearly knocking her over.

“Mike?”

Hearing her voice, the big man quickly turned 180 degrees, body spinning faster than his head.

“Mhm?” he swayed back and forth.

“Don’t get me wrong, but - are you drunk?”

“That…” he paused soberly, searching for words, “is a valid qu-….question.” He blinked at her owlishly then lifted a finger as if he wanted to say more but eventually settled for a simple “No!”

“Umm, ok.”

Coreen looked desperately at Vicki’s office door.

Mike, having forgotten the young woman already, made his way slowly, but steadily to said door. Just as he was leaning forward to open it, it was thrown wide open and the blond tumbled into the slightly smaller form of Henry Fitzroy.

“Detective, would you be so kind as to remove yourself from my person?” asked the moody vampire after he realized the other man was not moving to let go of him. An ironic chuckle was his answer, before soft words were uttered into his shoulder.

“Believe me! Nothing I would rather do, once the world stops …“

Surprised by the sudden drop, Henry just barely managed to prevent the other man from hitting the ground. Gathering the larger man in his arms, the vampire carried the blond to the couch. After he had positioned him, Henry knelt down and studied the police officer intently. Mike was pale and droplets of perspiration gathered on his forehead.

“Mike?” Vicki asked as she laid a careful hand on the unconscious man’s cheek. “Oh, damn!”

“What?” asked the irritated vampire as she jumped up and ran to her fridge and returned with a bag of crushed ice.

“He’s burning up! Can’t you feel it? Henry, I know you are mad at me, but please could you help me to get him into my bathtub? He needs to get cool fast!” she pleaded to the undead prince.

After confirming for himself that the other man’s body temperature was indeed far higher than was normal or healthy, Henry complied with her request.

“Coreen, could you please go and fetch some more ice? It is urgent!” The gothette only nodded and was gone in a blink.

Together Vicki and Henry started to undress the blond, which proved to be a difficult task seeing as Mike was a dead weight and his tall body’s limbs were hard to maneuver. Steadily, inch-by-inch his fair skin was uncovered. Even unconscious, or, as Henry thought, maybe because of it, the detective was a delectable sight. Dressed only in his boxer shorts, Mike was carefully lowered into the tub that was filled with ice and water.

Ensuring that the blond would not accidentally drown, the vampire tenderly supported the other man’s head. As he did so, Mike’s head rolled to the side, exposing a sinfully long neck to the vampire’s gaze.

Henry was drawn to the beautiful view. All that creamy skin, glittering in the electric light, tendrils moving and blood flowing beneath its surface… Truly mouthwatering! The energy in his blood made Mike glow to the vampire’s eyes, but the degree was far more than normal!

“Vicki?!” he called, irritated.

“What? Is something wrong?” Concerned, she quickly ran to Henry’s side and visually inspected Mike as he lay immersed in the tub.

“Do you see something unusual?”

“Mmmnnn, he looks a bit pale. What do you expect after we iced him down? Maybe we should get him out of there! How is his temperature?”

“Still too hot!” And as emphasizing this statement, most of the ice suddenly seemed to melt and a sort of misty cloud rose from Mike’s body.

“This isn’t normal! Where is Coreen with more ice?!”

Both looked anxiously at the door but nobody came.

Something was seriously wrong. To Henry’s eyes, Mike seemed to literally burn. His flame grew brighter and so much more intense that it was painful for Henry to look at him.

Vicki frowned.

“Henry, get him out of there! He’s getting too pale! Something must be wrong!”

But after the vampire only touched the other male, he swiftly withdrew his hand - it was burned! In slow motion, the blond sank into the water and Henry had to hold Vicki back to prevent her from trying to catch her ex. In the next moment as Mike’s whole body was submerged, the water evaporated and the detective’s body was surrounded by a blinding light.

After only a moment, the light extinguished along with all the lights in the house.

Though only illuminated by the pale moonlight, even Vicki was able to see because Mike seemed to be illuminated from within.

“Oh – my – GOD! “

With a thud, Coreen dropped the ice bag and ran to the others’ sides.

There, in the moonlit tub lay Mike Celluci, but he appeared to be a different person altogether.

His slight tan was gone and his skin now glowed white like ivory, and seemed to sparkle if you looked closely. His blond hair was a touch lighter and silkier than before. But the most obvious change were his ears, which were almost the same shape, except for their now noticeably pointy tips. When the previously unconscious man slowly opened his confused eyes, the trio was speechless as they beheld the bluest eyes they had ever seen gaze at them confused, but inquiringly.

“Vicki? Fitzroy? What’s wrong?”

***

(tbc)