Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 47 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-08-23
Words:
1,682
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
17
Hits:
2,096

2010

Summary:

Years later, beyond the story “Very Naughty, but VERY Nice”… In an Alternate, but almost carbon-copy reality to: Beyond Meridian: The Series, also written by Bethany S. Heard…

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

2010
by Bethany

The view is glorious! Sam thought. The huge pane of glass was the proverbial window to the world made literal. Carter had spent the first half of her life in England, a busy seaside town, all hussle, even more bussle. Her father had been assigned to the RAF Base nearby, despite his USAF status. For a while, a contingent of men and women had worked among the British there. She, her mother, and Mark, had gone with Jacob Carter, because the placement had been open-ended, and her mother did not want their father to be so distanced from her children for so long… That’s an irony… Sam considered. Anyway, the British had nothing, at least in that little seaside town, like this.

“Great view, huh??” His arms slipped around her waist.

Her body shifted, though her back was still positioned against him. He kissed the muscles between her shoulder blades, through her white T shirt. He knew she liked that. Something about the action nudging the material against her skin rhythmically, knowing that, beneath it all, it was his lips that made her move. A promise of the next level.

“Well we finally did it, didn’t we??” He was smiling, resting his chin lightly on her head. “We even survived your father’s speech..!”

“You were very brave..!” She turned around, put her arms around his neck, so that she could feel his shoulder muscles. “Jacob Samuel Carter has a way with words!”

“So does his daughter…” He kissed around her neck, his lips hotly entombed her jugular.

“I didn’t have to do a whole lot of convincing..!” Her hands needed at his shoulders.

“You put the idea of retirement in my head!!!” He still kissed away.

She laughed, really giggled.

He looked at her, that look in his eyes. “Hmm, ok,” He pulled a face. “so… Not strictly true!!!”

 

Daniel stood in the elevator, alone with her. He still kept doing a double-take, after 6 months of having her back…

She put the tissue away, the one he had just given her. Her eyes, beautiful and never-ending, had shed tears.

“What are you thinking about..?” He turned to her, speaking softly. He loved her. For years, he hadn’t known whether being with her had been right… But she was so Sha’re, she was Sha’re, and he was tired of the pain. She had healed every last molecule of it. How someone so very beautiful could be born of such menace, he would never know. Technology, so cold, had gifted him the single most important thing in his Universe. It had evolved into a girl with such a name that it had come off a production line. Replicated, yet unique in what she had brought to him… Utter release. As long as she was in his life, he was untouchable to all but her. Sha’re…

“I love you, my Daniel…” She told him.

“I love you…” It wasn’t the first time he’d told her so.

“It was a truly beautiful ceremony…” She wiped at a remnant tear.

He touched her soft skin.

“When I lived with the Asgard, I would pray that, one day,” She looked into his eyes. “I could again enjoy times like these, with you…”

“You’re glad you made the trip then..?” He grinned at her.

“Finally,” Her face lit up with such a genuine smile, “to see your homeworld, my husband…”

“My homeworld is you…” He kissed her.

When the door to the elevator opened on their floor, walking from the chamber, the kiss had only died on their lips…

 

Janet held his hand, as they walked down in the gravel, among the gardens, weaving like magical pathways, seemingly, into the heart of the mountain cluster beyond… “A nice place to spend our anniversary…” Hand still in his, she felt their skin clasped, as she looked around her, at beauty as natural as their own.

He smiled. “It seems so long ago…”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She slapped his chest playfully.

“Only that I have grown accustomed to eternity with you…” He grinned.

“That has to be one of your best answers yet, Mr. Teal’c..!” She pulled him closer to her, the warrior who stood so strong and impenetrable to all but her.

Husband and wife kissed…

 

Jonas looked at her as she ate the ice-cream like it was ambrosia…

She looked out of the window, across to the mountains, from their hide-away in this wondrous territory. “Who’d have thought it??” She smiled deeply.

He sat forward, held her outstretched hand, still watching the way she caressed the spoon in her mouth, savoured all it had to offer… “I know…”

“You’re proof that it all works out in the end…” The intensity in those eyes, hers, so beautiful, as they turned to him.

“And so are you, Sarah…” He spoke, investing his heart in every syllable…

THE END
Written : 19.6.03