Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 42 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,018
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,232

Momentum

Summary:

Episode 41 of the BEYOND MERIDIAN Series… Inspired by a write-up of the SG1 (televised Season Six) episode, “Prophecy”… Episode 41 written by BETHANY S. HEARD…

Work Text:

Momentum
by Bethany

Jonas Quinn rolled over. Sleep lay beyond him tonight. O’Neill’s gonna be pissed! He thought. Not literally. Rather, at him. When the next day dawned, a new mission was on the itinerary.

 

Jack banged on the door, “Jonas! Quinn!!! What did I tell ya?” Jack paused. Now, all I gotta do is damn remember! “I said, if ya made me report ya to Doc Frasier we’d all be sorry..! If ya don’t get ya ass out this door, I’m carryin ya straight down to the Infirmary!” Jack bashed the door once again, then he stepped back, beginning to worry. “OK, Quinn, warning over!” He threw all his weight violently at the door. It didn’t budge.

Teal’c walked past. “What are you trying to achieve, O’Neill?”

“What does it look like???” Jack grimaced. “A break in..!”

“Stand aside…” Teal’c ordered, assessing the evidence. He crushed the door’s last defences. It gave way without protest.

Jack rushed past him, and they both entered Quinn’s quarters.

“Are you sure Jonas Quinn isn’t already in the Gate-room, O’Neill?” Teal’c surveilled the empty room.

“Oh, crap!” O’Neill famously muttered. He’d found Jonas.

Teal’c came rushing into the washroom area. He saw Jonas Quinn there, unconscious in the bath that was a fixture in his VIP Room. Teal’c observed Jack check for a pulse in Quinn’s neck. “Has he not drowned?”

“He’s bloody lucky that aint the case, my friend…” Jack tried to wake Jonas by slapping him around the face. “He’s freezin’, and so is this damn water! Can’t be doin him any good…”

“Should we not get him out of the bath..?” Teal’c pondered.

Jack looked at Jonas nakedness, or tried to avoid it. “I suppose we have to…”

“You say he wasn’t feeling well yesterday?” Frasier asked Jack, as they both stood over Jonas, now covered and monitored in the Infirmary.

Jack pounded his fist into the other cupped hand. “Damn the kid!” Jack was contorted in frustration. “He told me he’d be fine, like he was my commanding officer…!!!”

“He will be OK, Jack…” Daniel walked into the Infirmary.

“And how would you know that???” Jack spun on his heels to face Daniel.

“Doctor Jackson has determined such fates before, Jack, remember?” Hammond came to Quinn’s bedside also. “Don’t blame yourself, Colonel…”

O’Neill looked away from the General. Is everyone clairvoyant around here??? Jack turned back barely in time to catch Daniel from falling. “Not you as well?” He steadied his friend and comrade.

“Jonas just answered your question…” Daniel replied.

“Hey?” Jack then looked at Jonas, innate in his hospital bed. “Doc, I think I’m goin’ deaf!”

“You didn’t hear him, but I did…” Daniel explained.

“Oh, great!” Jack answered. “We better call McKenzie in, looks like we’ll be needing that padded cell again...!” Jack paused, “For just about everybody at this rate!”

“I wasn’t going mad then, why should I be going mad now?” Daniel asked calmly.

“Because I think I am!” Jack sighed. Then, he saw Frasier walk toward him… “I was just messin’ about!!!” He backed away from her.

“What did Quinn tell you, Doctor Jackson?” Hammond returned them all to the moment.

“He’s saying that not everyone is clairvoyant… Only him.” Daniel told them all.

“How come you can talk to him then???” Jack demanded.

“Intuition…” Daniel stated, fragmentary.

“Danny boy, don’t ya drift off now!” Jack ordered.

“We need answers!” Hammond confirmed.

“I thought that Jonas’ intuition was less attuned than your own?” Frasier enquired.

“This isn’t intuition, Doctor… It’s not empathic.” Daniel furthered.

“We won’t be going to any Betazoid weddings then..!” Jack stated.

“Excuse me???” Hammond asked, on behalf of them all.

“Jonas is laughing…” Daniel observed.

Jack looked at the unconscious form of Quinn. “No. He isn’t…”

Daniel affirmed, “Yes. He is!”

“Oh, no he isn’t!” Jack said stubbornly. “OK, OK, it was a reference to an episode of The Next Generation he, Teal’c, and I, watched on the TV in the rec-room last night!”

“Can we get back to the matter at stake, gentlemen..?” Frasier replied.

“He told me Nirrti said he was different…” Carter joined them around Quinn’s bed. Teal’c walked in behind her.

“And Oma said he would understand in his own time…” Daniel began to remember… “Oh, wait…” He paused. “Jonas says this is due to something quite different.”

Everyone looked at Daniel, then at Jonas, accepting the information.

“Quinn told me that when we were imprisoned by Nirrti, she’d told him the people of his planet were quite different.” Sam informed the assembled SGCers’.

“And why the hell didn’t either of you say anything???” Jack reprimanded the Major.

“He had no proof of what she’d told him, Jack…” Daniel interjected.

You mean there’s a whole planet full of them out there???… And, they still can’t tell how stupid they are for experimenting with Naqquadah bombs???” Jack was exasperated.

“Jonas says that’s just about it, yeah…” Daniel studied Quinn’s serene visage from over the top of his glasses.

“We should only worry about the one of them for now, people…” Hammond ordered, pointing at Jonas.

“Ask him,” Janet Frasier paused. “Does he have any idea how we can wake him up???” She implored Daniel.

“Maybe…” Daniel concentrated hard on the words Quinn reached out to him with.

“Well???” Jack impatiently asked.

“He says he thinks he’ll come around all on his own…” Daniel translated the conversation he was having with Jonas.

“He thinks???” Jack turned away. It was all too much for him. “So, we’re supposed to sit here, are we?”

“It would seem so…” Daniel confirmed. “It was just a shock to his system, that’s all…”

“I hope you’re right, Daniel…” Doctor Frasier monitored all of Jonas’ monitors.

“We all do…” Daniel mused.

“Just let me get some shut-eye..!” Jonas added to his conversation with Jackson.

“He needs to catch up on the sleep he missed last night..!” Daniel laughed gently.

“He’s just catchin’ some zees, then?” Jack wondered aloud.

“Uhu…” Daniel replied.

“All this for a few more hours without the alarm clock!” Jack grinned. “I’m gonna get you for this, Jonas!”

“That’s why he didn’t answer the door this morning!” Daniel turned to Jack, smiling.

 

“So,” Jack walked into the room. “Betazoid boy, how are ya???”

“Groggy…” Jonas replied, sitting up a little further.

“You lot are supposed to be as clear as crystal!” Jack thought. He frowned. “Maybe not…”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Quinn asked good-naturedly.

“I’ll tell ya… One day..!” Jack stated, mysteriously.

 

THE END…

Series this work belongs to: