Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 41 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,489
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
24
Hits:
1,156

NOT Mot..!

Summary:

Episode 40 of the BEYOND MERIDIAN Series by BETHANY S. HEARD… Written on: 2.2.03…

Work Text:


       
NOT Mot..!
by Bethany

“Who is this guy???” Jack O’Neill sat forward in his seat.

“Mot, enemy of Baal, and he has one of our operatives…” The beautiful woman told him.

Jack got up and paced the floor. “I’ve met this Baal. He’s a nasty little git..!”

Their guest looked to General Hammond.

“Colonel O’Neill had the unfortunate distinction of meeting Baal almost a year ago…” Hammond explained.

“It was all Daniel’s fault!” Jack protested, and then seemed apologetic as he looked toward Daniel’s place at the table, and the anguished look Daniel himself wore.

“How is this?” The Tok’ra female demanded, directing her question at Daniel.

“We gated to a planet, and stumbled across some kind of secret hideaway prison place…” Daniel began. “Similar to the one we found in Heru’Ur’s territory not long ago.” Daniel frowned. “I saw a young woman being taken prisoner…”

“And he convinced me we should go rescue her…” Jack said aloud.

“Then, Colonel O’Neill was himself captured…” Teal’c stated.

“We got away.” Quinn added.

“… But we came back for him…” Sam recalled.

“With reinforcements.” Jack concluded.

“She may have been one of our operatives…” Their ally considered. “We’ve had several go missing thanks to Baal.”

“I’m sorry we couldn’t save her…” Hammond interjected.

“How did she die?” The foreign ambassador of alien lands enquired.

“In a nicer way than I nearly did, I hope..!” Jack shuddered. “Sorry.”

“We did actually find her body,” Sam informed the Tok’ra. “But we had no way of knowing who she was.”

“Where did you discover the body of my colleague?” The confident woman asked, with genuine compassion.

“I’m sorry, Durga…” Daniel told her. “I’m sorry my original wish to save her went so horridly wrong.” He looked straight into the beautiful eyes of Durga, of her host, whose ancestors’ had to have been taken from the Indian regions of Earth… “We found her body in a cell, but we were rushing to get Colonel O’Neill away and to safety. We did not stop to collect her body.”

“I apologise.” Hammond said simply.

 

“I know I should already know this,” O’Neill began, as he trudged along in the trenches beside Major Samantha Carter, “but who exactly is this Anat we’re going to save???”

“Why don’t you ask Daniel?” Carter smiled.

Jack stopped in his tracks, thankfully he and Sam were a little ahead of everyone else making their way in the mud. “Are ya tellin’ me ya don’t know the answer?!!!” He grinned, in a satisfied manner.

“She’s an operative who, at one time, posed as the wife of Baal…” Sam replied, grinning herself.

“Then, why wasn’t the delightful Durga informed of that other operative’s death, if her best pal was playing house with Baal the Bastardly..?”

“The what, sir???” Sam frowned.

“Never mind…” He looked to the horizon, then back at his companion. “Just answer the questions of your superior, Major!” Jack’s tone was dry as the deepest part of the Abydonian desert…

“Because the operative you mentioned was captured while on business completely unrelated to the intelligence Anat is privy to…” Durga added authoritatively.

“Oh…” Jack mused.

“Have you found out who the operative we discovered was?” Daniel caught up the little gathering.

“Good question, son…” Jack stated quietly.

“I have relayed the knowledge you handed me to my superiors’.” Durga informed them.

“You have superiors’..?” Jack asked.

Everyone ignored him.

“They told me that I am allowed to inform you that the operative you failed to save was involved in a mission you may already be familiar with…” She stated.

“Really???” Jack looked at her, as they all continued to move forward on their journey.

“Yes. The one that your son, Charlie, the child who came to us from the Re’tu, and Selmak are also involved in …” Durga confided.

“Don’t remind me..!” Jack told her.

“As you wish, Colonel…” Durga took his words literally.

“I trust my boy’s not gonna end up like that woman we couldn’t save..?” Jack wasn’t really asking, rather laying down the law.

“Selmak is almost as protective of him as you are, Colonel O’Neill…” Durga truthfully replied. And, the other operatives involved, Gilgamesh and Enkidu, are great warriors also.”

“Wait..!” Daniel said.

Everyone looked at him.

“He was referring to your mention of the names Gilgamesh and Enkidu…” Jonas Quinn had joined them.

“Yes.” Daniel paused, soaking in the possibilities. “Gilgamesh and Enkidu are names well known in Earth mythology.”

“The Tauri hold many records that have become part of history beyond their own planet…” Teal’c stated mystically.

Jack looked at him oddly

 

“Have we found her yet???” Jonas Quinn rushed down a long corridor, strangely familiar in a De’ja’vu sense. “These guys love their secret underground hideaways, don’t they? This is just like the one we saved Major Carter from recently..!”

“So do the Tauri…” Teal’c raced past them, to where O’Neill had called him to be by his side.

“He means the SGC…” Daniel looked briefly at Jonas, as they both continued toward whatever destiny held for them at the end of this corridor.

They heard gunfire ahead of them, followed by several shrill Zat Gun blasts…

“SG3 are definitely getting their wage’s worth this month!..” Daniel commented under his breath, as he and Jonas sped into the fight.

 

Jonas felt the air crackle around him. An electrifying Zat Gun blast almost gave him an impromptu hair cut, more severe than even the military sort. A gun shot then proceeded to almost deafen him, and he knew that the shot he’d just seen hit its Jaffa target, had come from the P90 of his trusted comrade, Daniel Jackson. The ricochet-effect momentum of all this action made Quinn spin on his feet, and as he regained his stability, he grinned gratefully at Jackson, for that split second, before returning to the fray…

 

“You will die, Mot..!” Durga insisted, stepping through the Jaffa bodies at her feet, shooting some in the stomach, as she saw their prim’ta squirm.

"Look at the girl go!!!” Jack absently commented, just after incinerating one of Mot’s servants who had rushed at him with an ornamental sword.

“Indeed…” Teal’c agreed, as he watchfully observed the dead and dying at the feet of their heroine.

Mot made a move to escape. Sam Carter stepped into the breach, bashing her enemy over the head, and bringing him to his knees before his fate, a fearsome lady of the battlefield named Durga.

“Weren’t you listening to her???” Sam shouted. “You will die, Mot!!!” She kicked him forward into the sphere of Durga’s ribbon device.

“She got that move just right!” Jack observed, tilting his head toward Samantha Carter.

“I agree, O’Neill…” Teal’c commented.

O’Neill looked to his friend, Teal’c, and bashed him on the arm.

“What was that for..?” The loyal and honourable Jaffa looked at his Tauri colleague earnestly.

 

Daniel Jackson dialled home, signalling to the others to begin transmitting their home-coming through the Event Horizon. He looked around him, noting Jonas Quinn assisting Durga and her fellow Tok’ra up the steps to the Gate, and he followed them through the Gate to home…

 

“Please, lock these co-ordinates in to the gate…” Durga said, as soon a she could once back at the SGC. “I must get Anat to the medical centre at our own base…”

“I agree…” Frasier looked to General Hammond, as she assessed Anat’s well-being in the embarkation room.

Hammond gave the co-ordinates to a member of one of the secondary teams who’d also just returned home safely. “Take these straight to Davis!” He commanded.

The young airman beside him nodded.

A matter of minutes later, and the two Tok’ra were already on their way home, thanks to the reliable Chevron coaxing techniques of Norman Walter Davis…

“I’m glad to welcome you all back home..!” Hammond turned to Jack and his team.

Everyone else nodded and smiled as Jack replied for them all, “There’s nowhere else we’d rather be, sir…” He paused and smiled. “Except Minnesota..!”

“I think you’ve earned yourself a fishing trip, Colonel!” Hammond smiled back.

“I’ll be on my way, then…” Jack walked off.

“You just be back in time for the Briefing..!” Hammond played along.

“Sir, the shower room isn’t that far away – I’ll only be gone fifteen minutes, tops, I swear!” O’Neill turned back in the direction of the doorway in the corner of the Embarkation-Gate Room.

“So will I, sir, promise!” Carter headed off.

“Major, the women’s locker room is that way..!” Hammond pointed out her misdirection.

“Oops..!” She stated sheepishly.

Daniel, Jonas, and Teal’c looked at one another.

Daniel remembered that time that Jack had punched his lights out over a certain lady.“So, whose for some food?” He tuned out the memory, returning his thoughts to his other two best friends, still in the room with him.

“Did not you say that you would meet Doctor Gardiner for a meal in the Mess Hall???” Teal’c reminded him.

“Oh, that’s right… Well, better get going then!” He dashed off.

“How about a plate of fries and treacle tart for dessert..?” Jonas asked Teal’c.

“You get the food, I’ll get The Phantom Menace…” Teal’c instructed.

“See you in the rec room in ten minutes!” Jonas grinned, as the two friends went their separate ways…

Hammond smiled. They’d made it home, and he was always
happy when that happened. Each time was a blessing, as were they…   

 

THE END…

Series this work belongs to: