Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 32 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,135
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,294

Stardust? Gold-dust?

Summary:

Episode 31 of the BEYOND MERIDIAN SERIES (which began as an Alternate Season Six of SG1 with the penning of BEYOND MERIDIAN – Title Chosen by SIMON WARREN – By BETHANY S. HEARD & SIMON WARREN. This episode was written on 20.11.02 solely by BETHANY S. HEARD, as are ALL of the episodes which continue beyond the premiere title Episode…

Work Text:


Stardust? Gold-dust?
by Bethany

Malik  was back in town… That suited Doctor Janet Frasier fine! He was the finest looking specimen she’d worked with in a very long time, (His host is at any rate! She grinned to herself…) and he didn’t seem to think she was all that bad either..! Elazar was easy on the eye, and Malik was a fantastically knowledgeable being… Handy for this kind of work..! She pondered.

“Queen Ageria would be proud…” He said, looking at their latest research into the Immunity Pellets. After the Tok’ra had barely been given back the greatest gift of all, the return of their Queen, Malik and Elazar combined seemed even more intent on deepening the research that Doctor Frasier and the scientists’ of the Tauri had been lucky enough to stumble upon. Through the Stargate recently, SG1 had found Ageria, thought a Goa’uld by their new allies, until Jonas Quinn, Daniel Jackson, and Teal’c together had discovered otherwise… She had made it possible for the new allies to be free of their addiction to the substance she and her offspring produced… And this had enabled the Tok’ra to realise that they may have discovered a new foundation to shake concerning the Goa’uld. They could not produce this substance as their Queen had, but in their own way, they held certain keys to be made use of… The nano-bots developed by the Tauri, with the assistance of certain luckily discovered alien technologies, these meant that the formula created spelling freedom for the Jaffa, could be reproduced with increasing safety. It was a rate impossible for the Tok’ra, but it was an achievement only bolstered by their willingness to help… Malik and Elazar did this in the name of the Great Queen Ageria and for the memory of their colleague, K’elmah. The immunity host and symbiote shared was secreted into the body of Elazar, and collected from his blood cells in minute amounts… His T-cells were also being monitored…

“We’re learning more about this stuff everyday…” Janet said happily.

“Indeed…” Malik stated. “But we must continue to be mindful of the mistakes made by the people with whom Queen Ageria spent her final days… They too felt they had found an everlasting immunity, similar to that which the Talians helped the Tauri to discover…”

“Yes.” Frasier agreed. “I must admit that the arrival of Bre’tac forced us to put our new invention into practise slightly earlier than we would have hoped, and is certainly something we would never have attempted, if it were not for our furthered understanding of Nano-technology… But every process such as this must, unfortunately, one day, be freshly tested on its first subject…”

“I know…” Elazar mused. “The Tauri are incredibly fortunate to have completed a successful trade with the Talians…”

“After all those countless times of coming so close to similar good fortunes, it certainly is something that restores one’s faith, to be rewarded with the knowledge of such good neighbours… And to think that, somewhere out there, there may even exist a reality where they can be of no help to us…Thank goodness they survived Goa’uld persecution long enough to be saved and protected by the Asgard…” Janet’s thoughts trailed off.

“We are certainly grateful that the Talians not only could give the Tauri aid with their nano-research, but also knowledge of a fantastical medicine…” Malik agreed. “One which, thanks to the equally fantastic minds of dedicated men and women such as yourself, created something that could well be the key to truly undermining the Goa’uld…” His voice trailed off this time… “As I said, the Great Queen Ageria would be proud!” Elazar’s face grinned at her.

Janet smiled. She liked being around Malik and Elazar…

 

Jack O’Neill liked having his son home for the weekend… Well, OK, not home exactly, and not exactly for a whole weekend… But Charlie, his Tok’ra host, Re’tu engineered son, was a joy to have around…

“So, whatcha been up to lately?” Jack asked him.

Charlie smiled wisely and patiently. It made Jack feel a little odd, to see such enlightenment at all, let alone in one supposedly so young…

“Not much…” Charlie grinned.

“What does that mean???” Jack enquired good-naturedly.

“You wouldn’t want to know…” Charlie continued to grin.

“Oh, wouldn’t I now???” Jack was patient, sarcastic but patient.

“Selmak and I went on a mission together…” Charlie said, a little more seriously.

“You and Jacob went on a Mission together, eh???” Jack furthered.

“Yep!” Charlie said. “Jacob knew you wouldn’t mind if it was him I went off and ventured the Universe with..!”

“Yeah, well, I’ll have to have a word with our good friend, Jacob…” Jack smiled as he said his words, and he meant them lightly, but he knew he would remember to keep his promise.

 

Daniel was at home. Back at his Apartment. He had taken Sarah out for the day, and now, they sat in his living area, sipping freshly percolated coffee.

“So, how did freedom taste today?” Daniel asked her.

“Good!” She beamed. “Really good!!!” She laughed with joy.

He smiled at her contentedly. He was so happy to have given her the freedom that was now hers.

She looked at him then. “Daniel, I know you would rather have saved Sha’re, if you could have…” She paused.

“Sshhh…” He said. “Sarah, what I did, the risk I took, it was foolish, to say the least… I do that a lot, end up being the fool… You saved yourself. You fought back, and then, you fought on…” He had gotten up and now knelt beside her chair. “I know Sha’re is safe and well now… She told me herself. And the both of us, Sha’re and I, we are just so happy to have you home, safe and well…No one here begrudges you your homecoming…”

“You have spoken to Sha’re?” Sarah asked, in awe.

“Ascension leaves you with some bizarre side-effects…” He admitted.

“Is that what happened when Sha’re was set free? Is that what could have happened to me???” She was curious.

“It’s not like it’s a direct path to Heaven…” Daniel told her. “It just gets you near enough up there with the Indestructibles… No one can destroy your spirit, least of all one like Sha’re’s… And she understands even more than I do. She surpassed even the place I travelled to…”

“Understanding is rarer than Gold-dust…” Sarah mused.

“And the places we travel to reach it are farther apart than the Stardust that holds us all together…” Daniel liked her analogy.

“And thank goodness that it does…” She smiled, and caressed his cheek with the kind of care and affection that surpassed that understanding rarer than Gold-dust. It wasn’t a matter, not always, of understanding, more one of faith…

    
THE END…

Series this work belongs to: