Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 29 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,167
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,574

A League of Enemies

Summary:

Episode 28 of BEYOND MERIDIAN (the SERIES of which is penned by BETHANY S. HEARD)… Written on: 18.11.02.

Work Text:

 

A League of Enemies
by Bethany

He stepped through Earth’s Stargate. SGC personnel rushed toward him.

“Thor… Boy, are we glad to have you back, buddy!” Jack O’Neill said. “We’ve missed you a lot these days…”

“I am glad to be back, O’Neill. I would not have had this chance if it were not for you and your team…” Thor said, calmly, shaking the Colonel’s hand in greeting.

“How ya finding this body they cloned for ya?” O’Neill had to ask.

“The same as the old one…” Thor replied.

Jack didn’t really know what to say.

“How can we help you, Thor?” General Hammond asked.

Jonas Quinn was astounded at the grey alien before them all. He had never met the Asgard before. Daniel looked at him, and had to smile. This seemed to wake Jonas from his fascination. He tried hard not to be too amazed at the presence of Thor.

“We are having problems with the Goa’uld Anubis.” Thor mentioned.

Daniel’s stomach lurched on behalf of Sarah. If Anubis turned up at the SGC, she would be beyond terrified.

“What now? O’Neill asked the Roswell Grey.

“We suspect that one of our number is in league with him…” Thor continued.

God help us! Thought Jack.

“Who???” Asked Sam Carter.

“Frey…” Thor told her, told them all.

“He’s the reason why we’re glad you’re back!” Jack stated.

“Indeed…” Thor agreed. “We suspect that Frey is being controlled by Anubis.”

“How?” Teal’c wondered.

“A device not unlike a Zatarc…” Thor explained.

“Oh, what fun those things can be..!” O’Neill thought aloud.

Everyone around him wore grim expressions…
       

Jack O’Neill sat around the Briefing room table. Joining SG1 and Major General George Hammond this time, was Thor of the Asgard.

“I don’t understand…” O’Neill let it be known. “Why, oh, why, Thor, haven’t you guys just…dealt with Frey on your own by now???”

“Frey is a very important Asgard, O’Neill…” Thor looked at all the people assembled as he replied to Jack’s question.

“That’s exactly why he needs to be dealt with!” Jack paused. “You guys have enough on your plates at the moment, what with those creepy-ass little bug things… Last thing you need, last thing we all need, is a renegade Asgard and a nut-case Snakehead forging ahead like Team Terrific!!!”

“We are aware of this, O’Neill…” Thor told him. “This is why we have come to you for help…”

“Again…” Jack sighed. “Why’d you guys think I’m so wonderful anyways..?”

“How can we possibly be of help to you?” Hammond leant forward in his seat, planted his arms firmly on the table, and demanded to know…
       

O’Neill and his team were beamed onto Thor’s ship. “Remind me again,” Jack turned to him. “how may we be of assistance?” He wasn’t a happy bunny about this whole entire Op.

“The Tok’ra did give us a Zatarc detector, sir…” Sam said.

“Damn reliable those things, aren’t they, Carter???” Jack looked at her, blustering his way through that comment to keep from allowing his embarrassment over his own experiences with one of those machines to flare up again like a bad episode…

“But we’ve brought it with us, none-the-less, Colonel.” Sam looked at him, keenly aware of the game he was playing, then she looked to Thor.

“Why haven’t the Asgard got one of these things?” Jonas asked Thor, indicating the device.

“And how do we get Frey to surrender to it???” Teal’c asked.

“For all we know, knowing Anubis, and the Goa’uld in general, like we do…” Daniel paused. “Frey could well self destruct rather than betray his new master…”

“Daniel Jackson may be correct…” Teal’c nodded at Daniel.

“OK, OK…” Jack held up his hands as he spoke. “First things first, where is our little grey trouble maker???”

“His ship will be docking with this one in two hours’ time…” Thor stated. “He is coming aboard for a conference.”

“Illeopolis…” Daniel commented.

Jack looked at him oddly. “A fake conference, I assume?”

“And you are to pretend to also be attendees…” Thor said.

“Great fun!… Why is it always Conference Time when you guys show up???” Jack pondered.
       

The doors locked them in. Jack eyed Sam. She responded. And then, she turned to Daniel, who responded also. He got up, went to a table holding alien looking refreshments, and pushed the moveable cart over to the conference centre. Thor was talking to Frey, the usual niceties of politics and even war cabinets literally everywhere. Thor innocuously reached over to the cabinet and opened it up.

Frey saw the hidden device immediately, but Teal’c moved to intercept him before he had time to react. He knocked the alien unconscious.
       

When Frey awoke, he was bound to a chair, and he could no longer sense the devices of destruction implanted in his body.

“Hey, main man!” Jack said. “You’re awake..!”

Frey stared at him icily.

“Are you working for Anubis?” Thor got straight to the point.

“No.” Frey simply stated.

“Oooh, surprise, surprise!!!” Jack looked over to the hostile alien. “This thing says you’re lying!!!” He gestured back to the Tok’ra lie detector.

“Are you aware that you are in league with Anubis, as evidenced by his terrorist devices having been found in your body?” Carter asked Frey.

“No.” Frey replied.

“There it goes again…” Daniel noted the screen of the detector turning red.

“How long have you been under the influence of Anubis?” Teal’c asked.

“I am not…” Frey said defiantly.

“Oh, well,…” Jack took his turn again. “Whose influence are you under then???”

“No one’s…” Frey’s answer was clearly marked as false.

“We know that you are in fact one of the Henchmen of Anubis…” Thor paused. “And that you were sent here to destroy us…”

“Which would have meant wiping us out, too!” Jack said indignantly.

“Anubis will come for me…” Frey stated.

“He cannot…” Teal’c began. “We have removed all of your internal communication devices with the jackal…”

“And now you must die…” Thor said. Each member of SG1 looked to the usually peaceful Thor.

With that, Frey simply died.

Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal’c, and Jonas all turned from the dead body of Frey to their friend, Thor.

“Our surgeons implanted a device with which to kill Frey…” Thor said.

“I thought you said he was important to you..?” Jack was confused, but not exactly accusatory.

“What if Anubis wants to find out what Frey told us before he died???” Daniel asked.

“He will not, for he will not have told Frey anything…” Thor explained.

“He was simply a tool, like Cassandra and Rya’c…” Sam realised.

“And Asgard physiology is such that it would not survive the removal of a Zatarc device, meaning that we would be unable to help Frey…” Thor continued.

“How’d you know that???” Jack asked.

“I did not survive similar torture…” Thor reiterated.

“Which brings to mind another rather important question…” Daniel paused. “Hadn’t you better check that Frey is not in your computers?”

“We have taken safety precautions…” Thor told SG1.

“That’s reassuring..!” Jack said.

“Frey has NOT survived, I assure you, O’Neill…” Thor tried to reassure him.

“A clone can’t be created, can it?” Quinn asked.

“Frey’s body will be burned…” Thor said patiently.

“Completely???” Jack asked.

“Completely, O’Neill…” Thor paused. “And even if we did retain his DNA on file, it would have been from a time before the Goa’uld Anubis got to him…”

“That’s good to know...” Jack hoped.
       
       
THE END…

Series this work belongs to: