Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 27 of Beyond Meridian
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,548
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,266

Fellowship

Summary:

Episode 26 of the BEYOND MERIDIAN alternate SG1 Season, originally created (by BETHANY S. HEARD & SIMON WARREN) so that SEASON SIX didn’t mean we had to do without Daniel Jackson as a VITAL part of the mix that makes Stargate: SG1 magical..! Written On: 14.11.02/15.11.02…

Work Text:

FELLOWSHIP
by Bethany

 

Malik and his fellow Tok’ra Lantash, Selmak, Garshaw, and Anise had finally decided that they should leave their new base, and go to check on the progress of the Tauri facility, The SGC.

Garshaw had designated that Selmak, Lantash, and Malik should go through the gate and be the ones to set foot on the base. She wouldn’t have minded checking up on O’Neill and his team again, but other assignments must take precedence in her case… And, Anise, too, had duties elsewhere… “You should see how they are coming along with these symbiote replacing pellets for the Jaffa…” Garshaw said.

“You mustn’t take their efforts to find another solution, other than becoming Tok’ra hosts, wrongly, Counsel…” Jacob, host to Selmak, began. “The Jaffa have won their freedom in that sense…” Selmak continued. “They must find out for themselves how freedom tastes. We made great progress as a united front at the Tauri’s Alpha Site.” The Tok’ra stated.

“The Jaffa Master, Bre’tac was correct, Garshaw…” Malik added. “We united, and we should stay that way… Being able to stand back and let those liberated Jaffa finally and truly become free is just another step in that valiant effort, contributed to by all. We are part of that All, Counsel… And, as such, we should offer the immunity we take forgranted to the project that may well dissolve all final bonds the enemy of our enemy has with the need for a Goa’uld presence in their lives… They have proven themselves our allies.”

“…And we must do the same…” Martouf added.

“You are correct.” Garshaw simply replied. “I wish you a worthy journey…” Josa, Garshaw’s host, bestowed her hopes upon them.

Anise, the scientist, of course, liked to control nature. It was in her nature. So, she found this new era a difficult one to live in, but she had not become a Tok’ra for nothing. She would stick to her vow as a child of The Great Queen Ageria. She would be loyal to what her heart knew, but that which her mind sometimes found hard to keep hold of… She could not play God.

 

“Joy! Jack stated. “ I just love it when the Royals come to visit, don’t you, Danny?” He turned to Jackson, who stood beside him. SG1 awaited the arrival of a contingent of Tok’ra.

“I’m just glad Dad’s coming home!” Sam Carter all but bounced on her toes with enthusiasm.

“I’d forgotten that…” Jack said, looking only a little sheepish.

“I’m just worried what Sarah will make of them.” Daniel said, speaking of Doctor Gardiner, who now lived with them on the Base, at least for the time being, maybe for the rest of her life... “She’s frightened enough by knowledge of the Gate.”

“She can detect it, can’t she?… Like Major Carter?” Jonas thought aloud.

“She’s even more aware of it than Major Carter…” Daniel replied, looking straight ahead, distractedly. “God knows what they hope to achieve by bringing her face to face with a whole roomful of hosts to symbiotes!”

“But have not you and Doctor Frasier informed her of the nature of the Tok’ra, Daniel Jackson?” Teal’c asked.

“I don’t blame her for being afraid then..!” Jack grinned.

Sam glared at him, completely unimpressed.

“I like to moan!” Jack held up his hands toward her in surrender. He suddenly felt even more awkward than usual.

 

Sarah Gardiner had been warned what to expect. Beings like the Goa’uld. No wonder she’d been throwing up this morning. She was terrified… But she trusted Daniel, and she had heard Major Carter herself say that her own father had been saved by a Tok’ra, and another had given up its life for her. She tried hard to keep those facts in mind… She awaited their arrival. It is for my own good! She kept repeating… Trouble was, she didn’t quite see how.

 

Jack O’Neill lead his Tok’ra friends to the Medical Labs. He was pleased to hand them over to Doctor Janet Frasier, and to take his place as a simple observer. Sam stayed back, too, for a moment, talking to her father and Martouf. Jack stood between Jacob and General Hammond.

Doctor Frasier shook the hand of Malik, or, more accurately, of his host, Elazar. She almost did a double take. He looked very similar to Martouf, standing over there next to Sam.

“How has your hard work been paying off, Doctor?” Malik asked her politely.

“Doctor Janet Frasier…” She informed him.

He smiled. They had not been properly introduced when they had met briefly at the Alpha Site.

“Our work has been quite encouraging, thank you…” She replied.

“I am Elazar.” Said the host, speaking his chosen name, decided upon by his parents, whom he had outlived by 80 years already. “And I am Malik.” Said the Tok’ra within.

Jack jumped at those boom-box voices. But he was in the back row. Nobody noticed. Except Jacob, who grinned at him in silent laughter…

Doctor Frasier smiled. “We are monitoring the progress of the pellets in Teal’c here…” She turned to the Jaffa, and he and the Tok’ra nodded in recognition of her words, and of the fact that they had met before quite recently. “We synthesised the natural immunity that your kind,” She paused, smiling genuinely a smile meant for Malik “give your hosts…”

“We secrete it, yes…” Malik replied.

This time, both Jack and Jacob winced.

Jonas looked fascinated. Daniel agitated. Teal’c as if he had heard it all before, which he probably had, and Sam still seemed very aware of Martouf’s proximity to her.

“The largest time waster was finding a way only to make use of the Immunity, and not recreate anything more, like the Naquadah in your blood, which we also had to be very careful of… “

“Our blood mixed with that of the host causes death…” Malik confirmed.

“…But we have been incredibly fortunate in some of the discoveries made by our people lately. It has helped us a great deal.” Frasier told Malik and Elazar.

“And now you are striving to help the Jaffa, for which we thank you…” Teal’c interjected.

Frasier nodded kindly at him, “…Then, when our scientists had done this, we mixed the substance and a newly discovered antibiotic together. We left it for a great deal of time, wanting to see if it would gel…” She said.

“I see…” Elazar replied.

Sam was watching her friend, Janet, and the Tok’ra. She doubted if Elazra and Malik could see anything more than the beautiful figure of Janet Frasier. It was obvious the Tok’ra had a soft spot for her.

“You have not found any problems with the outcome?” Martouf asked, both concerned and interested.

“ Not as yet, thankfully…” Frasier paused. “But we cannot let knowledge of this become widespread, or we may undermine our own achievements… If the Goa’uld were to learn of this too soon, the consequences could be disastrous.”

“That there is exactly why this is a secret you must guard with your lives, folks…” Jack added.

“If the Goa’uld were to learn of this combative strategy while it is still at its most primitive and developmental stages,” Hammond paused.

“They could find a way to dismantle it, and the armies we have gathered to fight them as well, before we even can begin to truly understand this new discovery for ourselves…” Jacob realised aloud.

“…After considerable tests and time, we ventured into mixing the newly formulated super antibiotic with the blood of Arris Bok’s race…” Frasier resumed her account of creating the most promising and hopeful medicine in her career to date…

The Bounty Hunter?” Elazar asked.

"Yes.” Janet stated. “He gave Sam a sample of his blood when he was injured after he crash landed his escape pod in the forest.”

“…An alien forest…” Jack dropped in.

“He has become quite a trusted operative of the Tok’ra…” Jacob Carter added.

“And voila! Us dear old earthlings came up with a cure for a snake in the head…” Jack told the assembled Tok’ra. “Or the gut…” He said, more quietly.

 

Daniel sat with Sarah. “It’s fine…” He said. “They only want to say hello!”

“Are you sure things will be fine?” She said, looking to him nervously. Then, she sat, bolt upright. The Tok’ra would soon arrive.

“Sarah, these are the Tok’ra…” Janet Frasier said, entering the Infirmary…

Daniel held Doctor Gardiner’s hand.

“Hello…” Jacob said patiently.

Sarah looked at him, just, and then, only a little more bravely.

“How is Doctor Gardiner doing?” Martouf asked.

“She too is responding well…” Frasier replied brightly, smiling at Sarah encouragingly.

“And Bre’tac, the Master who saved our lives..?” Elazar asked.

“Master Bre’tac is enjoying the freedom these pellets have afforded him…” Teal’c replied.

 

Elazar looked at her. Malik was aware of her, too. “We hope to meet you again one day…” Elazar said for them both.

“Thank you…” Janet Frasier replied.

“Elazar..!” Martouf called.

“Garshaw’s expecting us…” Selmak stated. “Bye, Sam!” Jacob waved, once again, to his daughter, as he stood, waiting for Malik and Elazar at the top of the ramp.

“Farewell…” Malik stated warmly.

“Stay well!” Frasier said, as she watched them go.

He turned, as he reached the top of the gate, “And you, Janet…”
       
       
THE END…

Series this work belongs to: