Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Unintentional Attraction
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-07-10
Words:
10,052
Chapters:
7/7
Comments:
4
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
6,029

Meet The Council

Summary:

When Henry gets a surprising letter he once again has to ask for help.
Sequel to 'Undercover Revelations' and 'Desperate Times'.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Title: Meet the council (part 1/?)
Author: BELOVEDbyWAR
Rating: PG
TV verse: Blood Ties
Disclaimer: Not mine, not making any money.
Summary: When Henry gets a surprising letter he once again has to ask for help.
AN: Thanks to luvinmike for beta-reading! Sequel to 'Undercover Revelations' and 'Desperate Times'.
WK: 771

Chapter Text

Meet The Council:

Returning home from an exhausting signing, all Henry wanted to do was take a hot shower and relax while listening to some Bach before the sun rose, but an insistent knocking on his balcony door interrupted his plans.

Warily, he opened the door and was astounded by what greeted him.

There, sitting on the balustrade, was a mighty golden eagle clutching an envelope in its mighty beak. Carefully, Henry reached out to accept it.

The envelope was made of a rich, crème-colored parchment and was sealed with a blood-red waxen coat of arms he had never seen before which depicted a crown and bloody sword entwined by roses, casting a shadow formed like a bat.

Despite having never seen it before, Henry swiftly broke the seal.  What he found next almost took his breath away:

  His Highness Prince Henry Fitzroy

is requested to appear on Friday the 13th of June before the High Counsel to offer enlightenment as to the last demon threat in effort to prevent a similar occurrence and unwanted disclosure to the human world.

His Highness is to bring one witness for confirmation purposes. Said witness is only acceptable if susceptible to vampire questioning.

Transportation, board, and lodging will be provided.

After the hearing the High Council members would appreciate your continued availability until a decision is reached.

 

Yours respectfully,

Francis Draconis – High Council Secretary 

 

P.S. Transportation will await his Highness and company on Wednesday the 11th at sunset at his residence.


Henry had to read the letter three times before he could believe the contents.  The High Council? Henry had thought it a myth.  It pissed him off that they dared to call him to a hearing. Where have they been when the threat was looming? And what was that nonsense about a susceptible witness?

He decided to deal with it tomorrow. Still put out, the vampire prepared for bed. 

***

Two nights later, a suspicious Detective Celluci entered the office of Vicki Nelson Investigations. He had known something was up the moment Vicki had asked him to meet her for Chinese on her tab. Not that Chinese would be so out of the ordinary, no, but it was an unwritten tradition that, unless celebrating something, they would argue over who was to pay. And Mike knew this was no celebration, which left only bribery as a motive.

Being greeted by Fitzroy’s ramrod straight back and Vicki’s too friendly smile, he knew that they were going to ask for a favor. He only hoped it would for once have nothing to do with the supernatural. 

Taking a deep breath he turned to face the music.

“Alright, what is this and don’t even so much as breathe ‘it’s complicated’, or I am out of the door before you can say ‘mummy’.”

This actually made Vicki shut her mouth abruptly and look sheepish. Unfortunately, her undead fiend of a partner was not so easily silenced.

“Actually, Detective, you are not so far from the truth.”

Mike groaned and gave Vicki a long- suffering look.

“Another one?” he whined.

“No, Celluci, but something that has about as many legends surrounding it as mummies do.  The Vampire High Council.”

“Wait a second! Vampire – High – Council?!”

“Yes.”

Closing his eyes and running a hand through his hair, Mike collected himself before asking what he knew he did not really want to know. Looking up, his gaze met the vampire’s.

“And that concerns me why? Or are you telling me they hold a meeting here in Toronto?”

“No, but the meeting is about what happened here with Astaroth. The Council wants to prevent a similar occurrence in the future.”

Mike rolled his eyes.

“Well, isn’t that nice! They decide to do something about it now after the threat is over!  Still, what’s that have to do with me?”

This time Vicki answered and from her tone Mike knew he had better leave before he - once again -could be drawn into something he’d rather have no part of. But he knew he couldn’t say no to Vicki if she asked for his help. He never could refuse her.

“Henry has been summoned to report what has happened –“

“Oh, well then, good luck Your Majesty. Have a safe trip! I really gotta go now.” 

He turned on his heel and practically ran to the door.

“Mike!”He cringed.  Damn so close!

Slowly, he turned around to look at an impatient Vicki, who was frowning at him as if he was a stubborn toddler. Resigned he answered:

“Yea?”

“Come here, please!” she said, far too calmly. 

Oh, she said please. This can’t be good!

***